Weird things I've noticed

Patchouli

I am not surprised you're confused by the clothing. No rational person could imagine it works the way it does.

As to harvesting, I imagine the carcasses are frozen when you're unable to harvest by hand? I haven't played this game in years but that was how it worked from what I recall.

6 hours ago, Patchouli said:

I have level 5 carcass harvesting and on multiple occasions, harvesting by hand has not been an option available. 

This is a change with the recent update.  After killing an animal, you cannot harvest it by hand - you have to use a tool at least the first time.  You can use a tool to harvest a piece of meat or something else, then you can harvest the rest by hand if you want to.  The carcass has to be cut or "opened" using a tool.  You can get a wolf to kill a deer, scare away the wolf, then harvest the deer by hand because the wolf has already "opened" the carcass.

1 hour ago, James Hickok said:

Also now you have to w8 for the carcass to freeze to harvest it with hacksaw otherwise it takes a lot of more time and you have to use the knife for thawed animal. 

This has always been the case.  The hacksaw harvests frozen meat faster than the knife.  The knife might always be faster at harvesting level 5, I can't remember.  Even when thawed, harvesting with the hacksaw just takes a few minutes longer than the knife.  I almost always use the hacksaw for meat since it's easier to repair, especially when I'm low on whetstones.