Riles and Pistols in Interloper

HyperLordBender

First, I want to say that this idea doesn't just give the player these weapons. The player has to do actual work to get them.

One of the things I constantly mod into the game is the rifle and pistols. So why not make them there anyways? The idea with this is that all rifles and pistols spawn ruined in set locations. Each weapon will have a single usable part that the player must get from that weapon. Once the player gets all the parts, they can craft that weapon providing they have level 5 gunsmithing, which should also mean ammo crafting gets a new skill.

This would be done at a new workstation, a weapon bench. The new bench would mostly be there to gate the eventual crafting even more. The bench should at least be at the hunters lodge. Possibly only there as I cant think of any other logical location for it.

Ok, so what locations? They would need to be very remote, guarded by hostile wildlife or environmental hazards. For instance, the bottom of the Blackrock mine or in bear caves.

The pistol would be easier to craft as it has less parts. Each one would give a single part. This could also allow the devs to make each weapon be taken apart to be properly cleaned, finally separating the cleaning from the durability of the weapons.

One rifle would give one of:

• stock
  • body
  • barrel
  • firing mechanism
  • rear iron sight
  • front iron sight

One pistol would give one of:

• grip
  • firing mechanism
  • barrel
  • sights

In addition each of them will give some of the parts needed to actually put these together.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

I like the idea, although for something like that revolver I go with a breakdown that is commensurate with its major components i.e. adding stuff like a revolver frame instead of firing mechanism, I've added some notes to the parts you listed above.

• grip - not sure if I would categorize this as significant enough to make it a separate part, why not make it a part of the revolver's frame?
  • firing mechanism - this will always be integral to a revolver's frame - sure you could completely strip down a revolver to get down this level of detail, but I think that would go beyond what a person in a survival situation could realistically do.
  • barrel - good pick, I'd even say if you had multiple lengths of barrel you could slightly alter the performance and handling characteristics of the ammunition and revolver (respectively).
  • sights - I'm a little iffy on this one as well, a lot of the time revolvers will have the sights as integral parts of the frame (rear sight) and barrel (front sight)

I would add the following:

• frame - this is what constitutes the majority of the revolver - if you took one down completely to its individual pieces, this would be the biggest piece of contiguous metal.
  • cylinder - this is how the revolver would contain all ammunition, I think in the interest of gameification, I would leave it as a standard 6 round cylinder.
  • crane - this one is a bit iffy too, you can't really have a modern revolver without one, but I also figure this would be best "gamified" as being part of the frame.
  • Upvote 1

Neat idea but I disagree with needing another bench.  The work bench and ammo bench in BI would suffice. Same concept with BK.  
Allowing placement of the work bench closer to the ammo bench would be nice though….

Placing these in a cave or bottom of a mine seems…. Unlikely??

Perhaps more natural to be found in a prepper cache?

Does your suggestion also include allowing us to mod our own rifles? I.e. shaved trigger mech with possibility of blowing up in our face? Sawed off barrel??

On 12/31/2023 at 3:19 PM, Semple Fi said:

Does your suggestion also include allowing us to mod our own rifles? I.e. shaved trigger mech with possibility of blowing up in our face? Sawed off barrel??

No. That is an entirely different thing. Being able to properly break down the weapons is not the same as modifications. Weapon mods are ... alot to implement

Placing these in a cave or bottom of a mine seems…. Unlikely??

Caves and mines are realistic. They could have fallen there during earthquakes or dropped by people who died there. 

Perhaps more natural to be found in a prepper cache?

Prepper caches on interloper are always empty

4 hours ago, HyperLordBender said:

Not so, 1/3 of them are stocked, and the one in Pleasant Valley is always the same, plus the Tale bunkers of course.

• Upvote 1

On 1/4/2024 at 8:48 PM, HyperLordBender said:

No. That is an entirely different thing. Being able to properly break down the weapons is not the same as modifications. Weapon mods are ... alot to implement

Caves and mines are realistic. They could have fallen there during earthquakes or dropped by people who died there. 

Dropping a BENCH in a cave seems likely? Ok

Why would all pepper caches have to be empty? A modification was made for Signal Void, was it not?

• Upvote 1