Configurable "sensitivity" of Cabin Fever

FreeSTONE

The Cabin Fever.

As introvert myself (and I believe most of us here), I am constantly surprised on how quickly Cabin Fever develops.

I know, Custom game can switch it off, but such on-off switch is too crude. I don't ask for disabling it completely.What there would be, like, "Cabin fever after [1/3/5/7] days"? Wouldn't that be great?

I understand the reasons, why the affliction exists: to push the player out of safety, out of shelter, to go out explore, take risks... so the game is not boring. And not too much about maintaining a base, but about the world.

Unfortunately, when playing on harder difficulties (like Interloper), Cabin Fever is what pushes me out and die: as sometimes there is just nowhere to go - outside is a storm, then aurora, then another storm... and inside, Cabin Fever. Can't be in, can't be out. (After 130 days in Interloper, with all tools and weapons, forced to go out in long storm, just as I had to sleep somewhere else?) (Not mentioning all the chairs, benches and sofas, that I pass, while heading to sleep in a cave.)

So in short: the Cabin Fever is fine, but somehow strikes too quickly. It would be great to be able to fine-tune this option. (Or, to fight it by different means than going out - like, looking out of window or reading a book, but that is more complicate to implement).

image.png.71c9816f8b5545ee590441d09a9f036a.png

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, FreeSTONE said:

The Cabin Fever.

As introvert myself (and I believe most of us here), I am constantly surprised on how quickly Cabin Fever develops.

I know, Custom game can switch it off, but such on-off switch is too crude. I don't ask for disabling it completely.What there would be, like, "Cabin fever after [1/3/5/7] days"? Wouldn't that be great?

I understand the reasons, why the affliction exists: to push the player out of safety, out of shelter, to go out explore, take risks... so the game is not boring. And not too much about maintaining a base, but about the world.

Unfortunately, when playing on harder difficulties (like Interloper), Cabin Fever is what pushes me out and die: as sometimes there is just nowhere to go - outside is a storm, then aurora, then another storm... and inside, Cabin Fever. Can't be in, can't be out. (After 130 days in Interloper, with all tools and weapons, forced to go out in long storm, just as I had to sleep somewhere else?) (Not mentioning all the chairs, benches and sofas, that I pass, while heading to sleep in a cave.)

So in short: the Cabin Fever is fine, but somehow strikes too quickly. It would be great to be able to fine-tune this option. (Or, to fight it by different means than going out - like, looking out of window or reading a book, but that is more complicate to implement).

image.png.71c9816f8b5545ee590441d09a9f036a.png

This is a surprising take to me as I feel the opposite, it takes so long for the risk to even develop and then to cure it by spending like 10 min outside seems op I’d rather it take as long to get rid of as it does to get the affliction, Chem poison is even more reasonable about the rate of affliction vs affliction cooldown, cabin fever imho is the weakest affliction next to insomnia