Where is my travois???

11 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

I haven't made one yet, but when deployed, does it show up on the map?

Not even if you get some charcoal out and map it - I just checked. That'd be way too easy for TLD!  ^_^

It's a portable piece of gear, not an orienteering point like the rock cache.

16 hours ago, artmunki said:

Not even if you get some charcoal out and map it - I just checked. That'd be way too easy for TLD!  ^_^

It's a portable piece of gear, not an orienteering point like the rock cache.

The rock cache's main purpose is to store gear.  Not much different from the travois so I could certainly see a map marker for it as well.

3 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

The rock cache's main purpose is to store gear.  Not much different from the travois so I could certainly see a map marker for it as well.

Yeah, but the rock cache stays in one place, and you only get to make 5 in any given region, so making them orienteering points as well does kinda make sense.

The travois certainly can be used for storage - when it was added I think it immediately became the largest capacity container in the game, so I won't be the least surprised if a lot of folks use it that way - but its actual intended purpose is to help you transport stuff between locations, so putting it on the map would mean giving it an active marker, which just doesn't fit with how survivor works at all. Maybe in story mode, or some of the challenges, but active markers are contrary to the way mapping works in survival. If you drop it somewhere, you're just gonna have to remember to keep a note like with anything else.  ^_^