ammo crafting idea

xxfinebeanzxx

3 hours ago, James Hickok said:

Hmm. We can make improvised, IMPROVISED crafting like arrowheads, knife and hatchet, led for ammunition using the tools we have and the knowledge. I doubt someone could make the casings tho. Not in the conditions we have in game. 

Agreed.  Re-forming the casings would require specialized machinery which is not currently in the game. 

Not sure what difficulty you play on but there is usually an abundance of ammo.

53 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

Agreed.  Re-forming the casings would require specialized machinery which is not currently in the game. 

Not sure what difficulty you play on but there is usually an abundance of ammo.

I play mostly on voyager and a ammo workbench could do that

Edited by xxfinebeanzxx

3 hours ago, James Hickok said:

Hmm. We can make improvised, IMPROVISED crafting like arrowheads, knife and hatchet, led for ammunition using the tools we have and the knowledge. I doubt someone could make the casings tho. Not in the conditions we have in game. 

I feel like since the character knows how to make gunpowder (the ingame recipe is very similar to the actual way to DIY gunpowder IRL) and the fact that they can reload an actual round/using an ammo press, reprimer, etc. they could make a casing, although the challenge would be running from the forge (which is what could melt the brass) to the ammo workbench because the closest forge is in broken railroad to the ammo bench in BlackRock although I'm sure closer runs could be made

Mixing 2 ingredients together to make gunpowder and a press are fairly simple mechanics, but taking molten brass and re-forming it into a precisely measured casing is something else entirely.  Then again, currently, we don't need to worry about primers when reloading...

3 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

Mixing 2 ingredients together to make gunpowder and a press are fairly simple mechanics, but taking molten brass and re-forming it into a precisely measured casing is something else entirely.  Then again, currently, we don't need to worry about primers when reloading...

I found a video on how bullet casings are made here's the link: 

so I'm sure there's a marking on the rod to tell what type of caliber/mm you are pressing

3 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

Also, you still need to accurately measure how much of something you're putting into the gunpowder mixture otherwise it might not work or will destroy your gun