Can't get charcoal!

DIA

I have a PlayStation, if that's the case. This happened after the last update. The function “take charcoal” from the millet fire does not appear! There is simply no button! I lit a fire several times and waited until it went out to take coal, but it didn’t help! An attempt to build a fire and get coal was unsuccessful! I restarted my run several times but that didn't help either! I restarted the console, it didn't help. Maybe the lack of coal depends on the type of wood I put in the fire? Maybe I'm the only one who has this problem? Or is this problem only with the fire, and everything works fine with stoves?

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I haven't tried to nail down the specific rate of charcoal generation, but I know a fire has to burn for over an hour to get even one piece of charcoal, and I think the generation rate is maybe a bit less than one charcoal per hour of burning. That's why campfires and stoves you've been using for a while can get you big piles of charcoal, but that quick one you light to pull a torch from won't get you anything.

• Upvote 1

You get about one piece of charcoal every hour more if you put actual coal in as fuel just one piece almost doubles the charcoal fires regardless produce up to a max of 24 pieces 

it’s worth mentioning though if you are not finding charcoal even in already burnt out stoves then that actually sounds like a bug most stoves give at least 1 sometimes 2 and forges usually give 4 or 5

Edited by Enigmaecho
  • Upvote 1

On 12/18/2023 at 10:02 PM, Leeanda said:

How long were the fires for?  If it was just an hour you won't get any .. 

On 12/19/2023 at 12:07 AM, artmunki said:

Yeah, I haven't tried to nail down the specific rate of charcoal generation, but I know a fire has to burn for over an hour to get even one piece of charcoal, and I think the generation rate is maybe a bit less than one charcoal per hour of burning. That's why campfires and stoves you've been using for a while can get you big piles of charcoal, but that quick one you light to pull a torch from won't get you anything.

On 12/19/2023 at 5:08 AM, Enigmaecho said:

You get about one piece of charcoal every hour more if you put actual coal in as fuel just one piece almost doubles the charcoal fires regardless produce up to a max of 24 pieces 

it’s worth mentioning though if you are not finding charcoal even in already burnt out stoves then that actually sounds like a bug most stoves give at least 1 sometimes 2 and forges usually give 4 or 5

Thank you very much! :3

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1