Xbox Save Bug is back (minor spoilers)

EydaWolfsbane

A few details before I start this rant: I play on Xbox series S, and I own both TLD and TFTFT as digital copies of the game - apparently the digital version is buggier. Also, I submitted the following as two separate bug reports earlier today.

So, the save bug that was introduced with TFTFT on Xbox was gone... until a couple days BEFORE the Buried Echos update.

I was on day 444 with my current Stalker character, had been playing almost every day for the past month or so. The game failed to save after getting injured by a wolf (I've been religiously checking for the save icon anytime it's supposed to pop up), so I naturally brought up the pause menu, and clicked "Exit game" so I could reload. I got a screen freeze on the text window "Are you sure you wish to continue?" with the Yes/No choice - could not interact with anything. I force quit the game from the Xbox Menu, restarted my console, and reloaded my save. Turned out, the system had erased my latest save, the one right before the wolf attack, and taken me back to the previous successful save.
It happened again under different circumstances (entering a building): saving fails, I go to quit the game, screen freeze, force quit, and reload to find myself one save behind.
Now this was all BEFORE the big Part 4 update. I'm wondering if perhaps saving becomes more unstable as the save file gets bigger (I'm trying for 500 days here), but that shouldn't be the case.
In any case, I'm giving up on this character until this issue gets fixed.

Now, when Buried Echoes came out, I rushed to make a new character so I could experience the new area without risking my old save. I was expecting some bugs, but praying for saving to go smoothly. I went a couple real life days without experiencing anything negative, and was feeling pleasantly surprised. Now I'm at the edge of the pit, I've started exploring inside the Mainframe and Concentrator buildings, and I've had two separate instances of the exact same issue described above - one time the game did not save while sleeping, and the other time was another wolf attack. Both times, the latest successful save was completely deleted. Both times, I got a screen freeze while trying to exit.
This makes gaming much less fun. Auto-saving is a basic game function that should be a given. We shouldn't have to replay the same game day twice because of a save fail. I feel very disheartened by this.

And then, there's this game-breaking problem: I tried to enter the Mine from what is seemingly the main entrance (center of the pit with polluted zone) twice, and twice the game just booted me out: there was no loading screen, just a black screen for a couple seconds, and then I would find myself staring at the Xbox Home page, with TLD having fully quit by itself.
The first time I thought it might have something to do with me wearing the Respirator, so I removed it before entering the second time, but the result was exactly the same.

Spoiler
Spoiler

So far that part of the Mine seems to be a no-go.

Anyway, thanks for reading. I'm curious to hear whether anyone else has experienced this on Xbox. From browsing the forums, it seems at least PC players have been able to enter and explore the Mine. Is it just me ?
I'll be taking a break from TLD for a while, but I'll pop back on every once in a while to test things out. It's really too bad... except from these two major issues, this update has been great. I love what little I've seen of the new region (interesting map design), love the tiny starved wolves, and of course, the new first-person hands are awesome! Also really excited about Scurvy...

If any Devs read this, I of course, as always, want to thank them for creating this gem of a game, but I'd also like to beg them to prioritize fixing this save bug! It really is a big turn-off.

Have a great day/evening, everyone.

Also have save fails and crashes -- in both the Airfield and the new Zone of Contamination.  The save fail has only happened once, I was booted back to a previous save after a crash.

Three crashes have happened to me upon entering a building, sometimes after I'd visited the building before. 

I play on X-Box One, have digital copies & am in a fairly long run (almost 150 days/Pilgrim) 

• Upvote 1