More "Inner voice" taunts, actually depending on player's current game's stats and behavior

FreeSTONE

I kinda hate when I hear "I have never been so cold in my life" every day twice on Interloper. There could definitely be more variety of comments, and the comments should take into account the things that player went through (in his current game).

Examples:

Freezing on day 1: "I have never been so cold in my life"
Freezing for 2nd time: "I have never been so cold since ... well, at least from this morning."
Freezing for 5th time: "One day, I will just... stop."
Freezing for 10th time: "Another day, another freezing to death."
When exiting from building, into storm (audible from inside): "Where do you want to suffer today?"
After more times freezing, player can even start to be sarcastic: "My favorite: freezing to death in the morning!" 

Also, not needed to be concentrated to freezing only. There is entire world of options, that are - so far - totally unexplored:

When harvesting freshly killed deer: "Sorry, friend. I just need something to eat."
When staying at the same region for longer time: "I wonder how rest of the world looks like."
When attacked by bear and equipping a rifle: "Say hello to my new friend."
When reaching for a rope somewhere, where I did the same at the same day: "Ah, not this again."
When re-entering a region, where I almost died last time I was there: "My favorite place to be."
When seeing timberwolves for the first time: "Ah, new friends!"
When falling through an ice: "Not exactly the ice skating my mom wanted me to learn."
When HP under 25% and freezing. "And this is one of the warmer days."
When entering a building, after long walk with hypothermia. "Home, sweet home. Well, not exactly *my* home, but anyway."
When freezing+tired+sick, could say things like "I am sick and tired ... of being sick and tired."
When attacking a sleeping bear (never a good idea): "What could possibly go wrong here?"
When seeing a dead body "I see dead people."

Some taunts can be character-specific. Astrid is a doctor, and Will is a pilot - they could comment in their specific style!

Astrid: "Is there a doctor around here? Oh, wait. I am one." when applying a bandage over bleeding hand.
Astrid: "I will keep your heart. For, eh, scientific reasons." when just killing a wolf.
Astrid: "Human, 30 years, male. Cause of death: dancing in the snowstorm". when seeing a new dead body.
Astrid: "I got the poison, I got the remedy" or "Thank you, Dr. Flemming", when taking antibiotics.
Will: "This is your captain speaking. Prepare to land in Hudson" when just barely escaping from a weak ice.
Will: "May Day, I am falling down" when Will fallen through the ice.
Will" Requesting permission to land", when exhausted starting a sleep.
Will: "Tower, requesting permission to crash" when HP gets in red.
Will could also comment on technicalities of the crashed airplanes and other vehicles he sees (like, on the Summit, or in Pleasant Valley).

Will: "I wonder what Astrid would think about this?" just before starting episode 3, where we play as Astrid.

So many, many and many options 🙂 

Edited by FreeSTONE
  • Upvote 4

• FreeSTONE changed the title to More "Inner voice" taunts, actually depending on player's current game's stats and behavior

Yeah that would be cool. It would also be cool to remove the lies the character says, like being so tired that they could lay down and sleep right here. No you can't, you won't. You would rather die than sleep on a couch/chair or the floor.

I normally turned off survivor dialogue, but I would at least try turning it back on again to check out if some work were done on it. The voice acting is good, it's just repetitive lies.

• Upvote 1

On 10/21/2023 at 8:50 AM, odizzido said:

You would rather die than sleep on a couch/chair or the floor.

A very good observation indeed! The couches, chairs and even benches... they are definitely unexplored options.

I could imagine that maybe character needs something to be covered with. But, wouldn't a curtain do? Could be - and should be - usable as makeshift (weak) sleeping bag.

I like this idea! 

I think it would be cool if they talked about each other even in survival mode.  Keep the emotions going ya'll!

It would be funny if Will would wish Astrid was there when he gets injured.  Maybe Astrid could crack jokes at broken airplanes about Mackenzies piloting skills, maybe "So he's not the only bad pilot here...?"

Although, I'm not sure that the voice actors would be up for another round 😁 (did you know that Astrids voice actor is Dory in Finding Nemo?)

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1