Cooking (tea) instantly burning?

AdamvR

I've recently encountered the below case, but did not have time to test/replicate it.
Has anyone else encountered similar?

I tried to cook reishi/rosehip tea in a can, broke some clothes taking 20 mins for waiting, the tea got burnt.
Thought, that maybe I accidentally just reheated a previously made tea (though it should not burn in 20 minutes I think).
I tried again, this time the tea got instantly burnt...
Trying for a third time it burnt again, instantly...
It also behaved a bit weird, after clicking on the prepare button, it did not automatically get back to the 1st person view from the cooking screen, I had to hit Esc to get back...
Has anybody encountered this/similar?

Thanks for your insight!

• Upvote 1

Hmm, definitely going to test this one, since I enjoy making lots of teas, I want to make sure I don't burn too many and ruin a pot or can in the process.

I know that teas don't take too long to cook, but even in a can, burn times for liquids usually take over 20 minutes at low levels. Could be a bug associated with passing time when cooking, but that's my best guess.

What was your cooking level? I know that burn times are only really effected at rank five, but I'm definitely curious. Also, where were you when you were cooking these? I know there are a few strange spots in the world where cooking just bugs out, but they don't occur in the normal fire making locations.

• Upvote 1

Thanks! It was a new save, so my cooking was level 1:)

I’m not sure of the location, as I’ve started 3 saves recently and don’t remember which one had this issue, probably BI or FM.

it is possible that I was cooking oatmeal next to it in a cooking pot. Maybe the interfaces got mixed up, but still no clue about the burning…

Edited by AdamvR
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/11/2023 at 5:06 PM, Smellyfries said:

Could be a bug associated with passing time when cooking, but that's my best guess.

I think you're right @Smellyfries, this has happened to me when boiling water and cooking Bear. both times I loaded the fire with just enough to get past the boiled/cooked time, passed a little time and they boiled dry/incinerated.

Leaving map (indoors or region) did not seem to have any effect, so probably just limited to passing time.

• Upvote 1