Franklin Fanart

I drew Franklin (the warden) from episode 4. My favourite character next to Mathis, love his design, especially his 'stache.

I hope to draw more but the wildfires make life uncertain right now. A lot of evacuations and also internet/cell service has gone down in some places. It's been a nice distraction though, thinking up new ideas and trying them out.

warden-scaled.png

warden-lineart-scaled.png

• Upvote 2
  • Like 3

This is really good!

I remember talking with some friends and headcanoning that franklin actually tries to be friends with the criminals and help them, but over time [especially at blackrock] he started to stop doing it. And his believes on and in the criminals ability to actually be rehabilitated and able to go back into society again changed. And we headcanoned that him and vachon are friends and play poker together when mathis and heller aren't around lol

Vachon is probably the nicest out of the convict gang imo, so I'd be able to imagine that franklin would see the potential in him to turn things around and try to help vachon.

[Sorry for my ramble, this is just my favorite headcanon lol]

• Like 1

On 8/16/2023 at 6:48 AM, RingoA said:

This is really good!

I remember talking with some friends and headcanoning that franklin actually tries to be friends with the criminals and help them, but over time [especially at blackrock] he started to stop doing it. And his believes on and in the criminals ability to actually be rehabilitated and able to go back into society again changed. And we headcanoned that him and vachon are friends and play poker together when mathis and heller aren't around lol

Vachon is probably the nicest out of the convict gang imo, so I'd be able to imagine that franklin would see the potential in him to turn things around and try to help vachon.

[Sorry for my ramble, this is just my favorite headcanon lol]

Thank you!
I also appreciate hearing your thoughts on the characters!

I actually headcanon something really close to that too.
I imagine Franklin treated all the prisoners as human beings and even befriends some of them, but instead of poker, they play chess together.
I like to think that they tried to help Franklin as much as they could before Mathis ultimately executed him.
It's one of the scenarios I'm trying to depict but I'm still pretty bad at creating scenes.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2023 at 1:59 AM, nahanni said:

I drew Franklin (the warden) from episode 4. My favourite character next to Mathis, love his design, especially his 'stache.

I hope to draw more but the wildfires make life uncertain right now. A lot of evacuations and also internet/cell service has gone down in some places. It's been a nice distraction though, thinking up new ideas and trying them out.

warden-scaled.png

warden-lineart-scaled.png

This is fantastic. Thank you for sharing! 

• Like 1