Charcoal painting concept

Cyclone35

So I'm aware in a future update we will get a customizable safehouse that we can decorate. We don't know the full details yet but it gave me an interesting concept idea to make the game more immersive. What if you can use charcoal to create your own drawings. All you would need is some charcoal, and some form of paper, maybe you can find a sketch book in a shelter with limited blank paper. What type of drawings will depend on what they reference. For example, say you stumbled onto the plane crash in Pleasant Valley. A notification would pop up saying "New inspiration unlocked". Then using your charcoal and sketch book, you'll be able to draw a black & white image of the plane crash. It would take time though, but you'll have a new drawing in your inventory that you can place in your shelter to decorate it. The player will be encouraged to find points of interest to acquire new inspiration, and its a good way to pass time when your cooking or waiting out a blizzard. 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Personally, I'd be all for being able to "make charcoal sketches (/screenshots)" as a means to pass time.
It doesn't alter the survival experience and would be a feature that just a "adds a bit more flavor" to what we can do, express, and roleplay via our survivor.  

:coffee::fire::coffee:
fallout__vault_boy_by_buggzz-d4ewswv.png (900×860)

• Upvote 3