Safehouse Customization -- Ability to move blankets/pillows

Acthalla

The one thing I've always wished I could do in TLD is move blankets and pillows around.  Most of the places I like to base out of have sad little camping cots or bare mattresses, and I wish my survivor could carry one of the beautiful quilts she's found in inconveniently-placed houses to her preferred hangouts (or alternatively, spend hours crafting a nice warm quilt of her own out of cloth and down).  For balance with the bedroll, I don't think quilts/blankets should be able to be used outside of beds.

Perhaps having a well-made bed could reduce the rate at which Cabin Fever risk is gained?

Edited by Acthalla
forgot a word
  • Upvote 4

I'm 100% in favor of any safehouse customization, pretty much carte blanche. But at the same time it's important to realize the technical issues this will inevitably cause. Items you've placed on shelves will likely be interspersed with items placed in the world. Items placed in containers may be overwritten with items placed in the world. This is in no way an aspersion cast against your idea, simply a notice to the complications that must be considered.

I'd think it would be (relatively) simple: create a mesh for beds with and without a blanket, and have the mesh switch based on user action, applying one of a few textures (I think there's three quilt textures currently?).  Bed meshes are re-used too, so it's not like you'd have to re-skin every single bed in every zone.  Then again my game dev experience is limited to a Don't Starve mod way back when.

For safehouse customization, I don't think a fully customizable system like Green Hell or Raft or every other survival game is needed, where you place every individual item where you need it.  I think I'd prefer more of a system where you have a series of upgrades that you can make that update the safehouse in pre-determined ways.

• Upvote 1