Going to shelf the game for a bit

hozz1235

Sadly I've had to shelf it until they resolve some issues as well, I'm not ready to lose my save to things that are out of my control, and the fps being reduced on xbox. I'm still giving them the praise they deserve for creating something this special, with such a small team. But I'm kind of sad about it tbh, I just picked up the game not long ago, and was getting really into it before the update hit.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Toki1666 said:

Sadly I've had to shelf it until they resolve some issues as well, I'm not ready to lose my save to things that are out of my control, and the fps being reduced on xbox. I'm still giving them the praise they deserve for creating something this special, with such a small team. But I'm kind of sad about it tbh, I just picked up the game not long ago, and was getting really into it before the update hit.

I keep reading this, mind telling what kind of bug makes you losing the save? I want to know what to avoid, since im playing exclusively my ~620 day loper sandbox atm

57 minutes ago, Shadox said:

I keep reading this, mind telling what kind of bug makes you losing the save? I want to know what to avoid, since im playing exclusively my ~620 day loper sandbox atm

Existing games seem to be suffering the most.  Many are reporting corrupted saves when fishing with tip-ups.  This happened to me.  I'd recommend backing up your saves, which saved me in this case.  Just lost about 90 minutes of gameplay reverting to an older save.

Edited by hozz1235
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, hozz1235 said:

Existing games seem to be suffering the most.  Many are reporting corrupted saves when fishing with tip-ups.  This happened to me.  I'd recommend backing up your saves, which saved me in this case.  Just lost about 90 minutes of gameplay reverting to an older save.

Thanks alot! Luckily i only tryed the selfmade holes, didnt use the tip up so far. And after reading this, i wont use them until the next patch/fix. Dont want to lose the loper i kept playing since totft was released because of that

• Upvote 1

There's also been some type of corruption happening when changing from exterior to interior locations. Like you'll go inside of a house and it'll say "Failed to load interior" or something along those lines, and it has a really high chance of corrupting your whole save. I think it has something to do with how they layered in the new loot, especially in areas that have already been looted. I read that on discord and a couple other places and decided that I'll wait until it's fixed. I know death is inevitable, for the most part, but I refuse to lose hundreds of hours to anything other than my own poor choices, lbvs.

• Upvote 1