Snow should slowly melt into unsafe water if ambient temperature is above freezing in an interior

Tilt

Snow should slowly melt into unsafe water when left in a pot/can if ambient temperature is above freezing in an interior.

This is perfectly realistic and allows for a good strategy: Filling pots/cans w/ snow before leaving an interior to do stuff so that when we are back the snow is melted and it takes a shorter amount of time to make potable water from the unsafe water since one doesn't need to melt the snow first.

The speed of melting can be a function of ambient temperature. The hotter it is above freezing the faster it melts. The colder it is below freezing the faster the unsafe water turns into ice.

Game should add an option when clicking pots/cans (even if off stoves) to fill it with snow for this very purpose.

Bonus: This adds more of a purpose to so many cans accumulated throughout the game.

Edited by Tilt
  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

• Tilt changed the title to Snow should slowly melt into unsafe water if ambient temperature is above freezing in an interior

Cool. 

I would really like to see water and food  go in frozen condition when left on sub zero temperatures. I actually asked for this to be implemented. As much as i understand this is a computer game and not everything can or should be exactly like in real world i feel like its a bit stupid that we can leave boiled water in bottles outside in temperatures -40 even -60 and the water never freezes back. I would really like to see this implemented. 

Same with food - food left outside should go to "frozen" condition no matter if its raw or cooked. Must be thawed out to eat. Must be unfrozen first to start cooking.  Kinda similar like the animal carcass. Food left indoors with temps above zero should thaw out. Snow left in pots should as well. 

I like your idea. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/17/2023 at 8:52 PM, Tilt said:

Snow should slowly melt into unsafe water when left in a pot/can if ambient temperature is above freezing in an interior.

This is perfectly realistic and allows for a good strategy: Filling pots/cans w/ snow before leaving an interior to do stuff so that when we are back the snow is melted and it takes a shorter amount of time to make potable water from the unsafe water since one doesn't need to melt the snow first.

The speed of melting can be a function of ambient temperature. The hotter it is above freezing the faster it melts. The colder it is below freezing the faster the unsafe water turns into ice.

Game should add an option when clicking pots/cans (even if off stoves) to fill it with snow for this very purpose.

Bonus: This adds more of a purpose to so many cans accumulated throughout the game.

Thank you for your suggestion -- we just moved this to the "Wish List" section on the Forums.