The Bear... i mean, bare hand problem.

Szpirit

Hello my dear survivors and of course, my beloved developers! I would like to bring up an issue that has probably come up here many times before.

The hands... those frozen, bare, trembling hands. Those hands, that often disturb not only my own immersion, but probably the immersion of many other people as well. I would gladly join the ranks of my bare-handed peers and offer not just one, but two great ideas for this chronic problem!

-First, the most obvious. The implementation of a full first-person hand and body animation, that changes based on the clothes you wear.

-The second one is more developer friendly… probably. Just undo the hand animations, but keep the item animations (Guns, torches, etc.). As an oldschool player, I would like this optional solution, which should be changeable in the accessibility menu. I think that would be also better than seeing frozen, bare hands all the time.

Thank you for reading. Have a nice day!

• Upvote 4

• 1 month later...

I never really cared either way. The bare hands don't bother me. Plus, it's something that would have to be added to every animation that involves hands, like throwing a stone for example. It's better to get the rabbit going from right to left because the left hands somewhat in the way, but can you imagine throwing a stone with mittens on? How would you feel about having to take the mittens off every time you want to throw a stone? It sounds nice but unnecessary in my opinion. 

If you're on PC, there's a mod for this: Personality by Waltz! It's still in development but it changes your arms and hands in first person based on the clothes you have on. If you're concerned about what is looks like using items with mittens on, never fear, the modder thought of that too. The right hand mitten hangs from the wrist on a leash, so you can use firearms and items with your hand unencumbered. You can find the mod here: https://xpazeman.com/tld-mod-list/