Lever-Action Rifle?

Willy Pete

It could be cool if we could get a lever-action rifle that fires revolver rounds. It would deal damage somewhere between the hunting rifle and the revolver while weighing about the same as the hunting rifle or Vaughn's rifle while having a capacity of 7-8 rounds. It would fill a middle ground where I imagine it would be an excellent Timberwolf clearing weapon with potential to bring down deer.

I love a good cowboy loadout where your primary and secondary both use the same ammo, too. Maybe we can get a cowboy hat to complement it.

• Upvote 4
  • Like 1

As a concept idea I have no objections to a lever-action rifle.  The ability to carry just one of the two ammunition and have a short-arm and a long-arm firearm that can use it has some attractions.  

In terms of capability, however, it won't really be much different from the hunting rifle. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/8/2023 at 10:33 AM, Willy Pete said:

I agree with this, a variant is ideal

I LOVE THIS SUGGESTION

CAVEAT: has to be this rifle specifically

image.thumb.jpeg.38541542cd60c685040ae0c551739516.jpeg

🙂🙂🙂

That being said, I’m not sure it could be reskinned as a variant because the actions are completely different?? It would require the first person view to be a different movement; unlike just reskinning the Vaughn’s or Curators.  

Upside to adding this rifle specifically is the 45-70 makes a solid Bear or Moose round, albeit with a shorter range.  

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2023 at 10:33 AM, Willy Pete said:

I agree with this, a variant is ideal

Speaking of variants…. How about a variant with a RIFLE SCOPE? 
If it was added as a stand alone item that required travel to a specific region to acquire (like the technical backpack) that would be cool.  

• Upvote 2

On 6/1/2023 at 11:47 AM, Semple Fi said:

I LOVE THIS SUGGESTION

CAVEAT: has to be this rifle specifically

image.thumb.jpeg.38541542cd60c685040ae0c551739516.jpeg

🙂🙂🙂

That being said, I’m not sure it could be reskinned as a variant because the actions are completely different?? It would require the first person view to be a different movement; unlike just reskinning the Vaughn’s or Curators.  

Upside to adding this rifle specifically is the 45-70 makes a solid Bear or Moose round, albeit with a shorter range.  

That seems to be the problem there, that's like saying let's make a variant of the revolver and ending up with a Glock.

I think the sensibilities about firearms and this game have evolved, I remember when there were a lot of dumb suggestions that were tantamount to turning this game into Call of Duty. I've always been for firearms that are consistent with the design aesthetic of the game, I think a lever action fits the "country" look of the game. If you go to the Canadian Cabela's website you can even see that they sell a wide variety of firearms, including lever action rifles.

• Upvote 1