Batteries availability (interloper) regarding Signal void.

Quetza

I started a survival interloper game before the release of part two Signal void. Start in HRV, I played 200 days to explore all the world and prepare my character to the maximum before the release (I visited every places).
I have found only 3 batteries, left one outside the car in mountain town on day 4 and hacked 2 later to make bullets. I felt it was already not much batteries (is the number random ?).
Then at broken railroad, the key for the cache box in the cave, with the gun, is missing, the box is still locked and I visited every corner of broken railroad. I read all the gun books, ammo books, moved items to make powder and bullets and hacked 2 batteries for nothing. Not feeling happy, having the impression my game is cursed at this point.
Then I settle in the airfield and leave my game at that for a few month.

Then Signal void is released. I repair the antenna in the airfield (with the newly spawn battery in the tower). Then repair the forlorn one, find the bunker in bleak inlet. Then repair the tower in mountain town, with the car battery I left there, find the bunker in HRV. Then proceed to Pleasant valley, aaaand... the battery did not spawn in the radio tower shed (left of the desk) and there are no batteries in PV, I checked all the cars again for them.

So I assume there are no more batteries anywhere now. Am I missing something ?

So, after a few more hours in the game, an update and a few more thoughts. Spoilers about the Tale below.

First, I found a battery ! I decided to recheck every cars, starting in Mountain Town (no luck there) then Coastal Highway (then Desolation point, Blackrock and so on). I hadn't previously checked the car near coastal town, by the landslide south of the watchtower on the map. One car, one hope, one battery 😁
Then I dragged the thing to Pleasant valley to the radio tower, almost got eaten by the bear during the replacement of the battery at night with an aurora (I heard him huffing, puffing and trampling behind me during the animation).
And then opened the bunker .... which had a battery in it 🤔

All in all, 7 batteries (including the newly 3 spawned with Signal Void) :
- in the small annexe room of the radio tower in Forsaken airfield
- in the wood reserve by the radio tower in Forlorn muskeg
- in Moutain town in one of the two cars by the church
- by the landslide on the road by coastal town in Coastal Highway
- in the car by the heartbreak bridge in Pleasant valley (hacked so not 100% sure about this one)
- in the bunker in PV
- in the yard of Blackrock prison (hacked so not 100% sure about this one)

I know that the one in the PV bunker might be random, but it's not a useful location (in interloper settings) in my opinion : 
the PV tower is likely the last to be done (on the way from FA) and you would need an extra battery to get to it. It would not be the case if put in HRV or Bleak inlet. Still a pain to drag to PV, but more usefull (I recheck those bunkers, no battery in them in my game).
I haven't found all the new caches, it would be possible there are batteries in some of them (?).

I think a good system would be to recycle the items as you repair the tower. We ought to get scrap metal and a dead car battery back. It makes sense to me that pulling out the old broken metal would give you scrap metal, by definition! Each tower needs 5, so maybe 2 back? Or if that would be too easy, you need 7 but get 3 back or something. We don't know what is wrong with the dead batteries in the transmitters, but I bet the lead is still OK. It would be a hassle to keep track of which batteries are 'dead' or ok for the towers, though. Maybe just get the lead back to keep things simple.

I had this thought when I repaired the first tower, in fact I was surprised I didn't get anything back. I've been wanting to post it somewhere, apols if I hijacked your thread!

I could't find a battery in mountain town on gunloper settings either. I'd like to know if this is a bug or an oversight. They said in the youtube video that the battery should be somewhere nearby. I did find batteries by the transmitter in FA, FM, PV and DP.

39 minutes ago, lasol said:

I could't find a battery in mountain town on gunloper settings either. I'd like to know if this is a bug or an oversight. They said in the youtube video that the battery should be somewhere nearby. I did find batteries by the transmitter in FA, FM, PV and DP.

Have you checked inside the two houses near greys house. I found one near the bathroom door in one of them.  I know I'm on pilgrim but it's still very unusual to find one in a house.

On 5/6/2023 at 5:39 PM, xanna said:

I think a good system would be to recycle the items as you repair the tower. We ought to get scrap metal and a dead car battery back. It makes sense to me that pulling out the old broken metal would give you scrap metal, by definition! Each tower needs 5, so maybe 2 back? Or if that would be too easy, you need 7 but get 3 back or something. We don't know what is wrong with the dead batteries in the transmitters, but I bet the lead is still OK. It would be a hassle to keep track of which batteries are 'dead' or ok for the towers, though. Maybe just get the lead back to keep things simple.

I had this thought when I repaired the first tower, in fact I was surprised I didn't get anything back. I've been wanting to post it somewhere, apols if I hijacked your thread!

It would be good to hack the dead batteries or get led from them to make bullets indeed. 
I too was surprised that we couldn't get anything from the transmitter.

No problem, you are welcome !

• Like 1

On 5/13/2023 at 6:20 PM, Leeanda said:

Have you checked inside the two houses near greys house. I found one near the bathroom door in one of them.  I know I'm on pilgrim but it's still very unusual to find one in a house.

I will check that location and the other houses in MT in my game, I looted all the buildings there and didn't think to check again, since batteries don't spawn inside building usually. Great tip Leeanda !

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Quetza said:

I will check that location and the other houses in MT in my game, I looted all the buildings there and didn't think to check again, since batteries don't spawn inside building usually. Great tip Leeanda !

I hope you find one.    There's been a few unusual things going on since the last update ,including random loot in unexpected places.  I even found combat trousers in a crate nowhere near anything else.   Sadly I can't remember which map it was🙂