Goal Accomplished!

Bloodskye

I feel like an absolute badass right now! I set a personal goal to climb to TWM summit, grab all the loot, and descend the entire mountain with no ropes, just goating. I reached he base of the mountain and literally cheered lol. So happy an feeling triumphant! 

• Upvote 5

@ManicManiacI've set a few goals and I'm happy to say all of them have not been that bad at all. As most of them are dangerous (goating TWM and traversing Blackrock Mine), I've saved them for midgame just to be somewhat safe.

@Leeandathanks! Yeah, I got a ton of sprains but most of the route I chose was snowy slopes thankfully. Since there's no real "slip" mechanic, it was only slightly difficult getting to a couple cliffs without moving too fast. Crouch is a life saver.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bloodskye said:

@ManicManiacI've set a few goals and I'm happy to say all of them have not been that bad at all. As most of them are dangerous (goating TWM and traversing Blackrock Mine), I've saved them for midgame just to be somewhat safe.

@Leeandathanks! Yeah, I got a ton of sprains but most of the route I chose was snowy slopes thankfully. Since there's no real "slip" mechanic, it was only slightly difficult getting to a couple cliffs without moving too fast. Crouch is a life saver.

It wouldn't be tld without sprain risk😊.  I know there's one or two routes down that minimize the risk but I keep starting at the wrong places😂sometimes I land near deer clearing area or others I end up near crystal lake..  the only goat I don't get sprains is the smaller climb at deer clearing. 

Anyway congrats again.  Good luck with the mine👍😊

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TonyInPleasantValley said:

It is also possible to climb up without ropes. I tried but after the 8th or 9th sprain I gave up. Might try again someday...

I did see that video on bypassing the small rope climb but can never remember where it starts when I get there😁.   Never good getting that many sprains though!  There comes a point where it takes too much damage off to risk it.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ManicManiac said:

The good thing about sprains... is you can only get 4 of them.
After that... it can't get any worse. :D 

:coffee::fire::coffee:

That's be nice if it was!!   😁.   I can cope with them ,but you start taking hp loss after that if you keep going .it's nearly killed me a few times  but I could never resist looking for those caches😄

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

...That's odd.   I've never experienced that...  From falls sure, but I don't think I've ever lost condition from just getting a sprain.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

I always used  to when I was looking for the mystery lake cache. I refused to go back down the hills just to go up again .by the time I'd got to the northwest of the map I'd lost at least half my life.   I'm stubborn 😁

• Upvote 1