Interloper Signal Void Tips

I have losted a 70 days run on Interloper for wandering at night searching for hidden caches of the Tale, even being playing very safe, a wolf oneshoted me even having 60% protection and full condition. This makes me wonder what is the safest way to complete the Tale without dying in a second from a wolf attack.

First of all, the dangerous thing are the Aurora Wolves, not the temperature. Aurora Wolves have an erratic behaviour but the most dangerous aspect it's their damage, if you end in a struggle you are likely gonna loose a 80% condition or dying instantly, plus one or two bleedings and other afflictions.

The most dangerous places are the ones with unusual or irregular ground shape, so when a wolf charges, it's gonna do a 'zig zag' and you are likely gonna fail the shoot and end in a struggle. This scenario should be avoided at all times, it's highly advisable to fully clean a zone during the day before searching it during an aurora.

Additional advisable resources are:

- Carry 2 or 3 stims with you, and other basic first aid supplies.

- Kerosene/Acelerant plus coal to make quick rests between places. 

- Coffee or reishi/rose hips.

The best scenario it's actually:

1: Fully clear the region or at least the spots you are gonna explore, before the Aurora.

2: Carry enough coal, acelerant and food to heat to keep exploring without losing a lot of condition.

3: Keep stims and emergency resources all the time, and have an emergency plan if things go bad.

4: Optional but advisable: Use the niche Ballistic Vest. Having 90% of more protection it's the only way to deal with otherwise guaranteed deaths for ending on a struggle.

Im having a lot of fun with the Tale, it's completely unforgiving and hard.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Glacia said:

It is not avaliable on Interloper :(

Hmmm... thought I saw a Loper streamer find one recently.  Honestly, not something I've ever worried about carrying until this update.

Oh well... still doesn't preclude the thought that it would be nice to be able to equip the radio in the off hand and maybe a rock in the main hand.  I guess the radio would just have to magically disappear from the hand if the player drew a bow though.

Also:  How many stims available in Loper?  Seems unlikely to be able to use up 2 or 3 every time you use the radio.

Edited by UpUpAway95

24 minutes ago, Shadox said:

Mind to tell where you found the Batterys for the Signals? Im struggling to find them on my old save, where i looted about every container. No loose placed battery aside from the one in FA has been there so far :(

In FA you can find two, one right next to the transmitter and other inside the near building.

If you're lucky, most transmitters will have a battery right next to them or very near. If isn't the case, the only way is carrying one from other place.

Note that the update adds new batteries in certain places, for a example there is one inside the maintenance yard, usefull for the FM transmitter.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Also:  How many stims available in Loper?  Seems unlikely to be able to use up 2 or 3 every time you use the radio.

Stims are for a emergency, in the best scenario you are not gonna need them. Stims are not very common on loper but not that hard to find, for a example there are 4 guaranteed stims only on broken railroad.

47 minutes ago, Glacia said:

Stims are for a emergency, in the best scenario you are not gonna need them. Stims are not very common on loper but not that hard to find, for a example there are 4 guaranteed stims only on broken railroad.

Four in Broken Railroad - guaranteed?  In tests, with available loot settings pushed up to their maximum, I often only find 2.   It seems strange that Loper would be that much more generous with them than pilgrim.  Where are they located on Loper... I'll give it a quick test.

3 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

It seems strange that Loper would be that much more generous with them than pilgrim.  Where are they located on Loper... I'll give it a quick test.

* One hidden inside a crate of the maintenance yard (Inside the building), you need to break the crate.

* One in various spots of the hunting lodge.

* One inside a bag on the basin, likely for preventing players to get locked on a run if they run out of stamina in this place.

* Another one on several spawn points, sometimes also in the maintenance yard and maybe it's not 100% guaranteed.

The stims are largely the same on this region compared to pre-DLC.

11 hours ago, Glacia said:

In FA you can find two, one right next to the transmitter and other inside the near building.

If you're lucky, most transmitters will have a battery right next to them or very near. If isn't the case, the only way is carrying one from other place.

Note that the update adds new batteries in certain places, for a example there is one inside the maintenance yard, usefull for the FM transmitter.

Thanks very much! 

Batteries Locations:

Desolation point:

- Inside the Hibernia complex.

If not avaliable here, you can find more on the multiple cars scattered on the region. In the worst scenario, a battery spawns inside the Quonset.

Pleasant Valley:

Inside the radio tower.

If not avaliable, you can find multiple bateries on various spots, like the farm, several cars or thomson crossing.

Blackrock (Needs further testing):

- Inside or near the radio tower.

If not avaliable, search in one of the multiple cars near or look inside the prison.

Forlorn Muskeg:

- Uncommon right next to the tower, on a container.

You can find bateries on spence's, thief camp or in the worst scenario, you could go to broken railroad, a batery spawns inside the maintenance yard.

Mountain Town:

- Uncommon right next to the tower, on a container.

In most cases, you should look in the several cars scattered on the region or the farmstead near the basin.

• Upvote 1