Altitude & Signals (spoilers inside)

Hi all, I wanted to say thanks for the Part 2, I just love it, the lore, the "quest" and the signal bunkers which give an awesome longevity in some regions. I also wanted to point out something I've been through to help my fellow survivors out there :
Blue signals appear only if you're more or less at the same altitude as the Signal Bunkers, whereas yellow signals don't seem to care about it.

This is based on my experience and on the fact that so many of you didn't get the Omega Bunker Signal when in the Hangar but got it when entering the region. So, I made a few tries during auroras, particularly in PV while goating down Signal Hill...

If my theory is correct, it explains why you don't get the blue signal in PV when you switch on the transmitter on Signal Hill, it also explains why you don't get any blue signal if you're standing in Peak Cave or Valley Cave in HRV, or at the Summit by Ravine's End in BI (yes, I entered BI there) during an aurora. And, finally, it also explains why you get the blue signal at the FA region entrance but not by the lake for instance...

I know you usually don't respond here, and I don't have a clue if it's intentional or not, but you might want to look into it if it wasn't your intent @Admin

Anyone else felt like me ?

Edited by DaGnome91
typo...

I didn't until halfway down the slope... and I went into the general direction...

What I meant is this it's written everywhere that blue signals travel across regions, but I didn't get any sound nor any visual indication that Beta Bunker was around until I was halfway down. I started to mess around, and staying high led me to believe what I wrote earlier. May-be I'm wrong, but may-be I'm not : some of us didn't get any hint before moving away from the PV transmitter.
Same goes for the Omega Bunker : in the Hangar you don't get the signal but just up the rope to Justy's Hovel, you get it.

43 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

They have varying strengths (in game terms)?

I think they do...  Sometimes at the beginning of one ,the radios don't work  and it can take a few rl minutes for the lights to start flashing too. It's like that near the end too but radios stay on when the lights go off,sometimes for quite a while .  

When I tried at signal hill the aurora had been going for several game hours already.

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I think they do...  Sometimes at the beginning of one ,the radios don't work  and it can take a few rl minutes for the lights to start flashing too. It's like that near the end too but radios stay on when the lights go off,sometimes for quite a while .  

When I tried at signal hill the aurora had been going for several game hours already.

I've noticed that as well, but I think it's just a synchronization issue between the aurora and the radio/computers.

7 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

I've noticed that as well, but I think it's just a synchronization issue between the aurora and the radio/computers.

Maybe.. I have no idea how any of it works really but that's the only reason I could think of..     this game has a lot of unexplainable things in so I just guess the best I can until something makes some kind of sense😁