Day 250. Stick Day!

Sito

Getting close to a year getting stranded on GB with next to nothing for survival I am finally equipped  enough to call in a stick day. I have a base to call my own. I know where I am and have visited several regions. I have guns and a bow and I know how to use them and cook and eat without getting sick. I am warm enough to go outside for more than 20 minutes. Time to call the boss and take a stick day. What do you like to do after day 250 when the survival boss no longer rules your life and you have a bit of leisure time?

Stick Day.

Weather is good. I am well fed. Got meat for days. Time to collect wood. Stick Day is a time to pick up every stick I can see but also a time to explore out from the base and see where the stick spawns are. Pick up everything as I go until I am so encumbered I can barely move. Usually it is getting quite dark by the time I have picked up everything. 

Limb day.

Same as above except willing to sacrifice axe condition. Travel around my base and chop any limbs I find. This is better than stick day because more risk in being further away from base and the time it takes to chop a limb. Blizzard can hit during chopping.  Pallets are same category as Limb Day. I like my base supplied with so much wood that I could survive a PV 3 day blizzard.

Hunt day.

Meat on the porch is getting low. Time to go get some more. Weather is iffy maybe but by day 250 I know where the food is. Head out and I find the herd. Crouch walk up to one and instakill with the bow. Harvest in nasty weather but not losing condition so maybe I take a shot at another Deer.  So far taking a second Deer has not been fatal to me but walking back with 2 Deer worth of weight as night approaches and blizzard starts up has cost me a lot of condition. But oh well, I am home with meat and I can repair my heath and clothes.

Moose Day (or Bear) 

Spotted a moose before he spotted me. Good thing. Do I really need a moose? It's lots of meat and guts and another hide. But the stomping is really bad if I miss and can't run away. I don't have a rifle on me because I travel light so I go back to base to contemplate it. Or so I tell myself. In the morning without further thought I grab the rifle and load it. A little voice in my mind keeps telling me "you already have the satchel and you don't need the meat. And remember the stomping!"  but I ignore it as always. I won't say what happens but by day 250 I am usually successful at dropping a moose or bear.

Camping Day

Done all the fun stuff above and now I am bored with my base. Time to get out of here and go on a camping trip and do it all somewhere else. Day 500 coming up.

I forgot the Standing on the Porch Day.

Done everything. Got wood, meat, and everything else. No need to do anything. Wake up and go outside on the porch and just watch the weather for the whole day.

In real life I put the laptop off my lap on to the coffee table and put the volume up and my wife and I just watch the weather from the porch while sipping some wine. Better than TV. She loves the Owl calls as evening falls. 

Edited by Sito
add comment
  • Upvote 1

I forgot about fishing day. Or fishing week for that matter. Use all the fishing gear to repair your clothes until the gear is about 2% then use the 2% gear to fish all day long. Get so much fish that can barely crawl back to base. Before cooking, grab a jerry can and cook all fish until the can is a full 4L. Rinse and repeat until all the jerry cans are full and artfully displayed for sale in Quonset. By this time there is so much cooked fish dumped on the porch that you can't eat it all before going rotten.

Next task is Wolf day.
Grab a loaded revolver. Pick up some rotten fish. Walk to the shore where the wolf pack gets your scent. Crouch as one approaches and blast him in the face. Stand up so the others get the scent again and do the same until you got all three.

For a 1000 day run I did all of the above plus the following:

Loot every region. Live there 50 days then bring all loot back to Quonset.
Get all skills to 5 which requires fishing, repairing, shooting wolves with revolver, deer with rifle and bow, etc.
Go back to every base in every region and stock it with gun, rifle, knife, axe, deer boots, pants, wolf coat, rabbit hat and mitts and other stuff.
All of this takes time and planning and interesting work. Easy to get 1000 days doing this.

Now with BI and BRM machining bench you can also take every knife and axe and get them to 100%
Also repair every lantern and hacksaw to 100%
Go to Carter Dam with hacksaw and quality tools and strip it of metal while keeping that hacksaw from breaking.

Another thing to do is collect every shroom and rose hip and make as much tea as you can for display at each base.

I could go on about other stuff to do but really if you just like the atmosphere of the game there is so much to do to keep you busy and engaged unless you are under 30 and need instant gratification and entitlement.

My next thing to do is check out beachcombing.