updates affect savegame file?

Lukin

Hello community,

I recently bought the game and I´m on my 4th day (wow :) ) on my survival trip (in voyager-mode).

It was hard to reach this 4th day (it took 6 tries to get there) because I´m not so familiar with

the game-mechanics yet. All looks quite fine for now (no injuries, my shelter is Camp Office and now i want do go fishing against hunger,...)

a small question please: will updates (the next update is announced for the end of march) kill the current savegame or will it not be affected on this?

thank you

cheers lukin

So far only 1 update has invalidated old savegames and it was announced well before the update was released. The team strives to keep the game compatible with old saves, but this is not always possible. But they will let us know if that is the case.

Information on the updates is usually posted in the Alpha Guidelines & Updates forum so keep an eye out for any news on new updates there.

Good luck with your game. TLD is very hard when you just started playing, but hang in there and you will get the hang of it! We've all been there ;)

allright, thank you elloco that´s all I wanted to know because I wouldn´t be appreciate if this run is getting lost...

but maybe I will be still dead when the update is released at the end of march (killed by wolves, starved to dead,...) and

i´ve to start again and again and.... :)

Yes it´s really hard when you just started playing because in fact you don´t know the map and you have no idea where you are getting supplies, Food, etc.

grettings to the netherlands !

cheers lukin

Archived