Missing connection between FA and Transfer Pass ?

One thing that comes to mind now that I've quite explored the new regions is that there is an exit missing near Justy's Hovel : you're already quite high above the southern road that connects FA to the Transfer Pass, and you're also quite beyond the connection point in FA. On the other side, in Transfer Pass there is a rope-place (missing the rope) near the mine entrance which could connect to the SE corner of FA. Either that, or there is some connection-to-be between the mine entrance and the plateau up there ?

What do you think?

I wouldn't go so far to say there is a "missing connection", since to me, "missing" would imply a mistake / oversight by Hinterland. The way things are laid out seem intentional.

That being said, there are are some shortcuts one can take.

There is a mountain path that starts straight south of the airfield that will get you close to the entrance to Transfer Pass.

Also, coming from Transfer Pass, one can goat down to the airfield, and circumvent the long road past Junker Paddock. It leads to a cave (Frosty Cave, IIRC), and then is a straight short walk to the hangar.

Have fun exploring.

Edited by turtle777

Yup, you're right, I didn't mean it to be a mistake, more like "there is an opening for another exit, over here" ;)

I know the shortcut to Transfer Pass, and the way down before Whealy's Turn, having taken both twice already, but you're right to mention those ^^

9 hours ago, DaGnome91 said:

in Transfer Pass there is a rope-place (missing the rope)

That has had me puzzled.  I have been unable to find a way to the top of that ropeless rope climb. 

I was also puzzled and disappointed with the area around Justy's Hovel.  I felt that that plateau should lead somewhere, but whatever direction on which I set out I ended up returning to the same part of the main area.

Edited by peteloud

Yes, that's what I mean precisely: there is room for something on the plateau behind Justy's Hovel up to the SE corner...

And like you, that rope spot in Transfer Pass has me wondering "how can we get up there? And where does that 'route' come from?"