No tools in Forsaken Airfield?

After my first run in Far Territory in Stalker, I started another using custom settings. For loot, it's set as Interloper, but with Revolver and Rifle availability.

I carefully checked almost alll points of interest in Transition Pass and Forsaken Airfield (just a coulpe of caves missing) and I didn't find any hand tools. Not a single hacksaw, hammer, can opener or prybar (also, no guns besides the flare gun in the usual place).

Is this a bug or part of the new loot tables? If it's the second option, I strongly suggest to put at least one tool in the whole map. I wanted to "make a living" in the new maps, but will have to run away because of that.

(also posting to make the universe conspire and make me find a tool in the last cave possible...)

Ok, I now have read more info in the forusn and found my first tool,a hammer, after five maps (from Forsaken Airfield to Mystery Lake). I was afraid that it was a bug, but probably it was just a very bad roll, as mentioned.

I'm kind of split because usually I start the game in a map where I want to play, so being forced to leave is sad. On the other hand, having to cross maps and maps in seach for basic loot (still harvesting carcasses  by hand!) is something that gives you purpose to travel.

In the end, I liked it. I don't kown if they introduced more randomness now than before, but that is actually nice.

On a side not, I may have had trouble with tools, but I had more matches than any other interloper run. I guess you lose from one side, but win from another. ;)

• Upvote 1

On 12/24/2022 at 1:22 AM, RossBondReturns said:
I'd say that for Forsake Airfield you had a very bad roll- because generally I have found one of everything.

On Interloper ?
I watched multiple interloper runs and did a few myself. Tools were very scarce. 
Never seen anyone find a hammer on Loper in FA. In general, that would be in line with the past, where you would never find a hammer in a forge region. 
Can’t remember anyone finding a Hacksaw either. 

-t

Hammer? I found 4 of them in the Forsaken Airfield alone lol. I thought it was silly.

Hacksaw? 5 of them in that same area! (4 in hangar area, one in the Island cottage)

No flare gun in the helicopter, box was empty.

No gun at all, but 2 bows and some arrows

Voyager run.

On 12/29/2022 at 5:11 AM, turtle777 said:

On Interloper ?
I watched multiple interloper runs and did a few myself. Tools were very scarce. 
Never seen anyone find a hammer on Loper in FA. In general, that would be in line with the past, where you would never find a hammer in a forge region. 
Can’t remember anyone finding a Hacksaw either. 

-t

So that would be a balance issue, since we have three Forge regions in a row. Starting a game in Forsaken Airfield would be a dead end. Unless there is a chance of tools spawning in the transition regions.

This might also be fixed when they add more regions to Far Territory, sure.

But as I said above, now I'm fine with that, just dislike "deterministic" gaming in Long Dark. To be fair what I miss is a "Stalkerloper" level of loot, that is, all items having a chance of spawning (from tools to high-tier clothing), but with Interloper-level scarcity. The "medium" baseline gives you just too much of everything.

4 hours ago, fbr said:

To be fair what I miss is a "Stalkerloper" level of loot, that is, all items having a chance of spawning (from tools to high-tier clothing), but with Interloper-level scarcity. The "medium" baseline gives you just too much of everything.

If you want to make Stalker harder, you could also do a custom game like OuterStalker. (No access to buildings allowed).

But that could be harder than plain IL.

-t