STUCK on Disclaimer Screen.

arida

I've been a long time fan of te game and never had any issues with it. After the release of the new DLC i can't get past the disclaimer screen. i press any key, and there's a neverending Loading.... sign at the bottom. i have read other post with the same problem and tried all the fixes, uninstalled and reinstalled the game , tried to lunch with -force-glcore, verified the files and updated the drivers. There's clearly more than a handfull of people with this problem and i would like a some help please!

Edited by arida
added more info

7 hours ago, arida said:

I've been a long time fan of te game and never had any issues with it. After the release of the new DLC i can't get past the disclaimer screen. i press any key, and there's a neverending Loading.... sign at the bottom. i have read other post with the same problem and tried all the fixes, uninstalled and reinstalled the game , tried to lunch with -force-glcore, verified the files and updated the drivers. There's clearly more than a handfull of people with this problem and i would like a some help please!

Thank you for reaching out. We're sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. For further assistance, please reach out to us via the Support Portal: hinterlandgames.com/support

We appreciate the opportunity to investigate. 

HI there, 

for those who own the game on Epic games store like myself, a new issue has been created by the most recent Epic launcher update (that introduced the age verification system) the problem with this is even if you are signed in when you received the update, your age will not be verified, causing the long dark to refuse authentication.  To restore the game to a working state sign out of the Epic Launcher and sign back in, you should get a new age verification screen, after entering your age, the game should launch as normal. 

Edited by rattsang
mistake in wording