Black screen, respawned

MrWolf

I submitted a bug report for this but just curious if anyone else has encountered this issue. 

I started a new Interloper run earlier this week.  My character had been alive maybe 9 days in game and today I traveled from Milton to Mystery Lake through the connecting cave.  When I came out of the cave into Mystery Lake (near Trapper's Cabin), the screen was black.  I could hear environment sounds and crunching snow when I moved, just couldn't see anything. I fiddled with various display settings to see if anything would straighten it out and nothing helped so I quit, then resumed to go back to whenever it saved last. I appeared in in Mystery Lake next to the tunnel to Forlorn Muskeg as a fresh spawn.  I quit and looked at the saved game (the only one) and it said I'd been alive for 2 minutes.  

I think I've heard of something like this happening sometime in the past, but I've never experienced it in all the years I've been playing the game.  Has anyone else seen this?  I'm a bit hesitant to invest time in another run and have it end up the same way.

I had a similar problem coming out of a cave from Pleasant Valley into Winding River. The screen was black until I made another zone transition, and I discovered that all of my gear had been reset to starting gear. Reloading didn't fix it, quitting and restarting didn't fix it. My run is toast now.

There's a whole thread on this on the Steam forums with multiple similar reports: https://steamcommunity.com/app/305620/discussions/4/3717188878659883390/