Stuck in disclaimer - EPIC Store

Enjanced

Hello everybody. I got the game through the epic store and was playing fine until the update.

Now, I get to the disclaimer and the "press any key" message; I push some key (usually left click), the little message goes away, but I'm still stuck at the disclaimer. It just stays there.

Can you guys help?

Ver: PC_TLD_105666

CPU: i5-750 2.67GHz (I know it's old, but works like a charm)

RAM: 12GB

GPU: GTX 980 Ti

Windows 10 10.0.19045

8 hours ago, Enjanced said:

Hello everybody. I got the game through the epic store and was playing fine until the update.

Now, I get to the disclaimer and the "press any key" message; I push some key (usually left click), the little message goes away, but I'm still stuck at the disclaimer. It just stays there.

Can you guys help?

Ver: PC_TLD_105666

CPU: i5-750 2.67GHz (I know it's old, but works like a charm)

RAM: 12GB

GPU: GTX 980 Ti

Windows 10 10.0.19045

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling, or restarting the game? 

If the issue persists, please file a ticket via our Support Portal. We would be happy to investigate: hinterlandgames.com/support 

I did... to no avail.

So I was about to create a suppor tkt when I noticed that one thing you guys ask (obviously) is the player.log file (which I did not know about). I had a look myself and found 

DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'EOSSDK-Win64-Shipping'. Tried the load the following dynamic libraries: Unable to load dynamic library 'EOSSDK-Win64-Shipping' because of 'Failed to open the requested dynamic library (0x06000000) - No se puede encontrar el módulo especificado.  (WinError:0000007e)
  at Epic.OnlineServices.Platform.PlatformInterface.Initialize (Epic.OnlineServices.Platform.InitializeOptions options) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 
  at EpicOnlineServicesManager.Start () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 

a quick google search sent me to another game's forums where they advised to get an install the latest "vc_redist.x64.exe" which did the trick.

The weirdest thing was that the game itself was not giving me any error pop-ups.

Hope this help another fellow survivor if the issue arises

21 hours ago, Enjanced said:

I did... to no avail.

So I was about to create a suppor tkt when I noticed that one thing you guys ask (obviously) is the player.log file (which I did not know about). I had a look myself and found 

a quick google search sent me to another game's forums where they advised to get an install the latest "vc_redist.x64.exe" which did the trick.

The weirdest thing was that the game itself was not giving me any error pop-ups.

Hope this help another fellow survivor if the issue arises

Thank you for sharing! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you encounter any other issues. 

• 8 months later...
On 8/15/2023 at 8:28 PM, roliasmot said:

I've tried this, but apparently I'm already at the latest version. Any word from Hinterlands dev team on addressing this issue?

Thank you for reaching out. We are working on this as a high-priority issue, and will provide more information as soon as we have something to share. We appreciate your patience. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2023 at 3:00 AM, LoneWorf said:

Did the OP manage to get into game? It seems this has been going on for a long time, can see threads on steam, reddit, hinterland (I'm Epic myself) and various other places going back at least 2 years. 

A similiar issue has surfaced. Closing thread to avoid confusion, but we are working to resolve this as quickly as possible. 

• Admin locked this topic