Things Done Well - Positive Feedback

Willbonney

Howdy Folks,

Often on these types of feedback forums, all I ever seem to read are posts about complaints or things players don't like about a game, and hardly ever do I read the things players enjoy about the game. With that in mind, for games I enjoy I like to compile different aspects of a game I enjoy, and invite other players to do the same. Wave your "fanboi flag" here and let the developers know what aspects of the game, in your opinion, they have done well with.

1. First, for me, the feeling of being constantly on edge is a great thing. It adds to the experience of the fantasy setting of trying to survive. In the beginning it's mostly the avoidance of wolf attacks, and even now I often jump in my seat every time I'm jumped in the game by a wolf. But once you get past the first 100 days or so on a single map, it becomes more and more involved with the food, fire, and supplies part of the game which is a different edge than the wolf stuff. Having said that, I would like to suggest another type of game setting. One that is more similar to the Voyager level of the wolves, but fewer supplies similar to Stalker, something more "barebones" in which it's not so much a battle against the wolves early on, but more of a battle against dwindling supplies. Often players don't even get a chance to experience this part of the game, which I feel is a lot more fun, because they'll often get killed by wolves long before they run out of stuff, and then lose interest.

2. Second, I like the setup of the User Interface. This feature is often overlooked by the majority of gamers except when its done wrong. This game does it right. It's easily manageable, takes very little time to get used to, and does a great job of being more of a tool to aid in gameplay than a hindrance that many games' UI's are. Very well done.

3. The game's "screen saver" style of start page. At the moment it's only the Trapper's Cabin, but I truly hope you plan to add more sites in the game in the future. I love that you see the weather, wolves howling, animals prancing by, and the changing sun/moon lightings. I find myself often just starting the game and leaving it on that screen to notice all the changes that occur with it. It's something older PC titles used to have as a function, and it's nice to see this feature in a newer title.

Well, those are the parts of the game that stand out in my mind. Please feel free to explain the things you appreciate in the game. I request that others try to maintain things positive, as there are plenty of posts about what players do not like, but if there's something you enjoy about the game but have suggestions to improve on that feature, please share.

Archived