Rescue my save file

Razum

So, I corrupted my save file of my longest interloper run yet.

Well, I copied it in the saves folder, but then there were 2 saves with the same name ingame. So I renamed one of them. But then the other one had the same name, suggesting that they are somehow the same. Knowing that there are 25 slots or something, I opened the save file in text editor and there was some text suggesting exactly that. So I changed stuff and saved it for testing. But just saving from text editor apparently corrupts it. At least the saves aren't shown ingame anymore.

I doubt it, but is there a way, I can possibly rescue that save file?

On 9/2/2022 at 11:20 AM, Razum said:

So, I corrupted my save file of my longest interloper run yet.

Well, I copied it in the saves folder, but then there were 2 saves with the same name ingame. So I renamed one of them. But then the other one had the same name, suggesting that they are somehow the same. Knowing that there are 25 slots or something, I opened the save file in text editor and there was some text suggesting exactly that. So I changed stuff and saved it for testing. But just saving from text editor apparently corrupts it. At least the saves aren't shown ingame anymore.

I doubt it, but is there a way, I can possibly rescue that save file?

For additional assistance, please reach out via our Support Portal: hinterlandgames.com/support  

Thank you for reaching out.