Accessory overhaul

A Lamp

The accessory system is probably the only thing that confuses me in tld, i mean i don't get it why i can't wear all current accessories together.

Precisely, there are 4 accessories but you can wear only 2, even if none of these occupy the same body part.

HL made this for balancing purposes i guess, but why only one of the 2 equipped accessories take damage during your adventure? (Such wolf struggles, blizzards, ...)

Yes, the one on the right (if i remember correctly) takes weather and physical damage, while the other just takes that occasional decay damage.

The point is, wearing all 4 accessories at the same time is quite balanced enough thanks to their stats.

Wearing the vest, satchel, ear wraps and crampons give you additional +1C° warmth, +0.5°C windproofness and 54% protection, at the cost of -45% stamina and weighting 5.25 kg, plus all of these accessories would take damage at the same time.

So i guess it is fairly balanced if we would be able to wear all 4, but HL may had other reasons to allows us to wear only 2.

(This suggestion was haunting me for the past summer and i wanted to get it out of my chest. So im sorry if i stole someone else idea/suggestion since i didn't check).

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, conanjaguar said:

@A Lamp

Perhaps the accessories should take up a clothing slot? Like if you wear the ballistic vest, you can’t wear a second jacket, or the crampons replace socks?

It could be an option for the vest and ear wraps. But crampons replacing socks? What about the beatiful mukluks or the handcrafted deerskin boots?

Do you really wanna have some holes in your boots, letting all that cold and snow straight on your foots that will causing a nasty double frostbite? At least make a second foot slot available only for crampons.