Revolver level 5 without revolvers.

Leeanda

Ok I clearly wasn't thinking when I started this run as my intention was to get the achievement for level 5 on everything. Unfortunately I realised that in my rush to start I had took revolvers off , so my question is ,is it possible to get to level 5 without revolvers and just by reading books?  I realise that it is probably unlikely but thought I'd ask before abandoning yet another run.. 

Any help would be appreciated.  

In case anyone is  curious I took them off because I got fed up of finding ammo everywhere.  And I'm still finding some!🙂

• Upvote 1

I think its possible with carabine if you have luck with the guns guns guns book. Dont really remember if guns guns guns book affects revolwers as well. I was so close to checking that on my last run - i had carabine lvl 4 and revolver lvl 3 and 3 guns guns guns books to read but i died by my carelesness.

Im picking up books on my current run bcoz i want to see if its possible to have guns lvl 5 on interloper (where there is no guns at all).

Guest jeffpeng

I can't give you a definitive answer on that since I'm not sure how many book even exist in any given run (and how much that is affected by other difficulties), but I can tell you that I tried to do something similar with rifles in an Interloper game and didn't even reach level 4. To reach level 5 in Revolver Firearm you'd have to find and read 19 issues of the Small Arms Handbook. So .... probably not.

Just now, jeffpeng said:

I can't give you a definitive answer on that since I'm not sure how many book even exist in any given run (and how much that is affected by other difficulties), but I can tell you that I tried to do something similar with rifles in an Interloper game and didn't even reach level 4. To reach level 5 in Revolver Firearm you'd have to find and read 19 issues of the Small Arms Handbook. So .... probably not.

Thank you. I thought it wasn't very likely .  I hope you're feeling better?  

• Upvote 1

Guest jeffpeng
4 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Thank you. I thought it wasn't very likely .  I hope you're feeling better?  

How nice that you ask. Sadly not, but I can't stare at the ceiling all day and not go mad 😉

5 minutes ago, jeffpeng said:

How nice that you ask. Sadly not, but I can't stare at the ceiling all day and not go mad 😉

I'm sorry to hear that.    I hope things pick up for you.  

I know that feeling well.  It's amazing what you notice if you look at something  long enough.  

• Upvote 1

Guest jeffpeng
2 hours ago, Leeanda said:

It's amazing what you notice if you look at something  long enough.  

Truer words have never been spoken. 😉