Putting out fires

Leeanda

I have in the past had to make fires in some unideal places then had to wait for them to die out or risk a burn to get past them. So I was wondering if we could have the ability to put fires out..  if in interiors using water or outdoors just kicking snow onto it maybe..  

• Upvote 2

That's a good idea. I too trap myself behind a fire in order to avoid predators or wind and then have to wait for it to burn out. I also don't like waiting for a fire to burn out to get the charcoal (if the fire has an hour left and you put it out though, you shouldn't be able to get the 1 charcoal for that last hour). 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Pencil said:

That's a good idea. I too trap myself behind a fire in order to avoid predators or wind and then have to wait for it to burn out. I also don't like waiting for a fire to burn out to get the charcoal (if the fire has an hour left and you put it out though, you shouldn't be able to get the 1 charcoal for that last hour). 

I didn't think about the charcoal but yes I agree.,one hour shouldn't give you any .

I think it's a good idea, for example to conserve wood instead of letting it burn 🔥. You might get some of it back if you have to move away fast because a blizzard starts.
Also indoors with water and outdoors with snow (or earth) is a good way to put out the fire 👍.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, javijungle said:

I think it's a good idea, for example to conserve wood instead of letting it burn 🔥.

Well, that would be a little unfair. Let's say, you dumped 10 pieces of coal into a campfire and restored all your body heat in a few minutes. How much coal should you get back? I don't think you should retrieve any coal, because it already served its purpose. Not by burning for a certain amount of time, but by giving its heat.

1 hour ago, Ghurcb said:

Well, that would be a little unfair. Let's say, you dumped 10 pieces of coal into a campfire and restored all your body heat in a few minutes. How much coal should you get back? I don't think you should retrieve any coal, because it already served its purpose. Not by burning for a certain amount of time, but by giving its heat.

Sorry I didn't mention charcoal, but firewood doesn't burn in the same way, there's no point in throwing cedar or fir wood on the fire and not being able to remove some that haven't burned.