Very high wildlife pop & low respawn vs low pop & high respawn

Strelok

honestly I don't think either option is very realistic considering the circumstances.  A low population low spawn rate would be more appropriate for the game
given the conditions, but since you didn't include that option I would opt for high population and low respawn rate.  

My thinking behind that would be that as the high pop animal density decreases over time, the low respawn rate would eventually bring the available animal
population into a better balance.   It's too bad in my opinion that deer sizes are all so uniform, ie, approx same weight all the time.  Had they designed deer with
a greater variation in weight I think it would might have made the game a little more immersive.  

14 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

honestly I don't think either option is very realistic considering the circumstances.  A low population low spawn rate would be more appropriate for the game
given the conditions, but since you didn't include that option I would opt for high population and low respawn rate.  

My thinking behind that would be that as the high pop animal density decreases over time, the low respawn rate would eventually bring the available animal
population into a better balance.   It's too bad in my opinion that deer sizes are all so uniform, ie, approx same weight all the time.  Had they designed deer with
a greater variation in weight I think it would might have made the game a little more immersive.  

Thanks for your quick respond. I think you are right that both low would be best. I go for your suggestion then or even try all low.

Btw if you dont mind, would you share your custom settings to me? I have a hard time to get my game going because i need so much time to think about the custom settings because i dont want to start multiple times to try out any nuance of settings. So i want to have a throughout thoughtfull setup before i start a game.

1 hour ago, Strelok said:

Thanks for your quick respond. I think you are right that both low would be best. I go for your suggestion then or even try all low.

Btw if you dont mind, would you share your custom settings to me? I have a hard time to get my game going because i need so much time to think about the custom settings because i dont want to start multiple times to try out any nuance of settings. So i want to have a throughout thoughtfull setup before i start a game.

Try this
+Y9o-WIUE-GoWb-TGBV-d+IA

Also, if you're not quite into custom games yet, you can always pick one of the pre-defined game settings.  Play enough and you'll figure out what settings you tweak on your next custom game.  Good luck!

Edited by hozz1235

On 4/18/2022 at 8:27 PM, hozz1235 said:

Also, if you're not quite into custom games yet, you can always pick one of the pre-defined game settings.  Play enough and you'll figure out what settings you tweak on your next custom game.  Good luck!

Thanks. But i did a 500 day voyager run and a 300 day custom run with mostly stalker settings.

E.g i just now started a custom run with low spawn but very high/long respawn time. 40 days in now. For now it seems that the difference is not that great in those cases. The problem is that we dont know if e.g. medium to high means only 5%, 15% or even 50% more spawn. Hard to find out.

42 minutes ago, Strelok said:

E.g i just now started a custom run with low spawn but very high/long respawn time. 40 days in now. For now it seems that the difference is not that great in those cases. The problem is that we dont know if e.g. medium to high means only 5%, 15% or even 50% more spawn. Hard to find out.

I know exactly what you mean.   I think this would be a great topic for further discussion. 
I agree it would be nice to know what exactly is altered in the algorythm when certain changes are made but that knowledge is difficult to obtain. 
I think the dev team could have done a better job on in documenting in how various settings affect the game imho.