Taught my cousin to play

Catlover

Thought I'd share their interesting experience. Taught them the basic controls before popping them in MT in pilgrim

They start right next to a logging cabin and walk past it. I decide to help a little and show them how to enter. 

They walk in and begin looking around. They walk right past a chocolate bar and lantern, yet find hidden matches. I show them how to sleep and they promptly try sleep 12 hours. Of course, they're not tired enough. 

Then they are on their merry way. 

Right off a bit of a drop, losing half of their condition. Then they promptly exclaim 'Yay, I'm nearly dead'. Not the point of the game but hey ho. They apply a bandage, a little confused when it didn't work. 

They try find the logging cabin again but of course can't, and wind up by the church. They get a heart attack from two wolves but of course they don't get attacked. 

They then search the church, yet again try sleep 12 hours, and then proclaim the church as their new house. Missing half the items there of course. 

They enter a few cars and get a flare. I show them that they can open glove boxes after figuring that they need a little handholding. Still, I want them to discover most of of the game themselves, that's the fun of it. Plus it's fun to watch them, I'll admit

Then it's off to follow the deer, that fortunately lead them to Milton. 

In grey mothers house, they sleep again, and wake up in darkness. I teach them how to break down curtains to give them something to do. Of course after that, time to sleep! 

After passing 12 hours to get through the night, they get some toilet water and despite my advice to repair ragged clothes, they decide to look around more before going back out into the wilderness. Funny to think we were all like this once! 

After giving the house a bit of a look around, they're off into the crisp dawn. 

They say that they have an idea on how to make the car warmer. They then light a match, get in, and try set it on fire. Disappointed by the outcome, they go onto the journal. They had watched how I wrote about the weather, as part of my experiments to see what it's like in certain places, and I'm glad to see they are doing the same thing.

That's all so far but I'll update when they plays again later! 

Edited by Catlover
  • Like 2

Update! They're back on. 

They head into the credit union and dismantle as much as they can. 

'I hope nobody will need this anymore' Astrid says to a can of soda. To which my cousin responded

'There's nobody here!' 

Back to looting! They're getting the hang of what to do very quickly, searching the credit union. 

They enter the vault and find a corpse, surrounded by money with a knife. They give a surprised cry, and I remember I never told them about the abundance of dead bodies. Oops! Fortunately they aren't too traumatised. I mean they saw me get jumpscared by a wolf, there's little scarier than that! 

They find an arrowhead and Astrid again says, 'Hope they don't need this' 

'Why would they need that!' My cousin exclaims. 

They come to a conclusion that the place has been robbed.

Honestly their running commentary is just as entertaining as their gameplay

Edit-

They then head too the post office and jot down the weather again. 

'Weather - clear and sunny but cold

Survival - no animals' 

The last bit is also something I had been doing, it's good that they seem to have gotten into a routine of that too. They're like a true TLD member already, writing stuff down, trying to commit arson. I'm so proud of them

Edited by Catlover
  • Upvote 1