The Hunted Part 1 Walkthrough

Zaknafein

On 3/4/2022 at 5:39 PM, Bearimpaler101 said:

Lemme ask you @Zaknafein have you had it happen where you know the bear is coming and it plays the music but doesn't roar at you but still attacks you I have and it ruined my save just before the cave to mystery lake 

I have had this happen yes. There is some RNG involved and I think it also depends on distance. Most of the bear encounters are predictable, though.

1 hour ago, Zaknafein said:

I have had this happen yes. There is some RNG involved and I think it also depends on distance. Most of the bear encounters are predictable, though.

I think you're right about the distance. All the maulings I had it never reared up and they were always  fairly close to me. 

Sorry about the stomping you got in the tournament by the way! That was bad luck!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bearimpaler101 said:

The bears you play with Are pilgrim so if you provoke them (i.e. Shoot them).they are angry enough to not have to rearup and when your hunting them  they do that anyway

Not sure if being on pilgrim should make much difference. It'd still be angry enough on any level.

• Upvote 1

On 3/6/2022 at 6:29 PM, Leeanda said:

I think you're right about the distance. All the maulings I had it never reared up and they were always  fairly close to me. 

Sorry about the stomping you got in the tournament by the way! That was bad luck!

Oof yeah that really slowed me down, but I did finish it in the end (had to rush through it and sacrifice points). And thank you :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched part three! Second stomping ! That was really unlucky,glad it didn't stop you finishing it though. Looking forward to the highlights of the rest when you get time🙂 

By the way ,did you find that arrow that you missed after shooting that wolf in HRV on the ice? You walked right over it! 

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

On 3/4/2022 at 11:39 AM, Bearimpaler101 said:

Lemme ask you @Zaknafein have you had it happen where you know the bear is coming and it plays the music but doesn't roar at you but still attacks you I have and it ruined my save just before the cave to mystery lake 

If you aim any weapon at the bear, he will charge you. Also, if he has already stood up and roared once, he might not do it again next time. Those are a couple observations that I have made in my time of playing this challenge. The first time he approaches though, I've never had a time where he didn't stand up (unless I aimed at him). Any other encounters he doesn't always roar. 

On 3/4/2022 at 11:42 AM, Bearimpaler101 said:

I had the distress pistol but it didn't work

I think it won't work if you shoot too late and he's too close to you. It also won't always work if the flare goes above him. Shoot at his feet to be safe. 

If you shot him early and he still didn't flee then I don't know what happened. I guess maybe you got unlucky. 

• Upvote 1