readable encyclopedia books about the game mechanics and items.

kopo79

add readable encyclopedia books about the game mechanics and items but with also non relevant info
in not usually check from internet info about game and items but today i just went and read about go energy drink.
what i thought that maybe add books what you can read while in game.there is no skill points..only info.
in books there could be also info what is  not relevant but written in encyclopedia style.
like in first book below could be mentioned how large is island,,how many people there live,
principal industry,famous people etc but some infos would be used in game if you read it.
Most of the text could be non relevant cos we dont wanna reveal all the important info,its game about exploring.

Encyclopedia book 1:

Geography and history of great bear island:
chapter one: geography( info about the world and some useful tips about some regions and their connect.highest top,biggest lake etc.
chapter two:History(info about early days of a great bear island,about workers and some important buildings

Encyclopedia book 2:

Wild nature of great bear island:
chapter one: Animals(info about animals what lives in great bear island,also info from the animals what you can only hear(ambients)
also info how animals live,eat,sleep etc)
chapter two: From mountains to shores(Info about general nature like,is there sea and name of it,what trees there grow,what plants,mushrooms,rose berries,typical rock etc

Encyclopedia book 3:

the arctic doctor:
chapter one: diseases and medicines(info about ,diseases,medicines(more than game have,like viruses,bacterias,polio,diarhorea,aspirin) but also info all around for diseases what we have in game
chapter two: first aid(info about injurys,accidents)

Encyclopedia book 4:

Into the wild with raphael
-book about surviving the wilderness
info about clothing,temperatures,herbs,weather and how to deal with it,traps,hunting,crafting.also some general info about been in wild,non relevant...book would be very rare special item.

but you get the idea...different books what you can read.
-handyman book:wheres my tool
-cold jokes:Community jokes gathered inside to the book
Dinner time:recipes

some books would be added straight to the game but some books would be added like eventstyle(gather them when you can)
thanks
with books,you could take some info off from the inventory tab...like how many hides or guts you need to craft something

Edited by kopo79
  • Upvote 2

There are numerous notes we can find in the game that relate to the lore.  A few are only found in story mode, but others are also found in survival mode.  We have the option to read the text when we first pick them up and they can be reread in the journal.  A first step would be tying the reading of these items to the passage of time (but how much time should pass when a certain amount of text is read is potentially an issue).

yes,notes are nice addition.
but these encyclopedia books would be just for info,some lore and some collectibles.
there would be not time passaging other than how much game goes on when you read...so no skipping time.
i forgot one book that would be useful,it would be book about mountain climping and maybe if read carefully,you could find few tips here and there what you need to know when start to climp.
i just want that i could have some info to gather in gameworld other than take my phone and seek the answer from long dark wikipedia or reddit.:)

if you go look reddit,steam discussion,hinterland forums,there are hundreds of questions about items,mechanics,cave systems,animals,meat decoys...
-not sure how it would work that there would be no-more info in workbench that how much ingredients you need to make something.
all info would be in books and you just have to remembering it.

it would be just awesome to find out info ingame.
also community could also take part via books like poetry,jokes,food recipes,old photoalbum.
thanks.got to go sauna.

Edited by kopo79

1 hour ago, kopo79 said:

yes,notes are nice addition.
but these encyclopedia books would be just for info,some lore and some collectibles.
there would be not time passaging other than how much game goes on when you read...so no skipping time.
i forgot one book that would be useful,it would be book about mountain climping and maybe if read carefully,you could find few tips here and there what you need to know when start to climp.
i just want that i could have some info to gather in gameworld other than take my phone and seek the answer from long dark wikipedia or reddit.:)

if you go look reddit,steam discussion,hinterland forums,there are hundreds of questions about items,mechanics,cave systems,animals,meat decoys...
-not sure how it would work that there would be no-more info in workbench that how much ingredients you need to make something.
all info would be in books and you just have to remembering it.

it would be just awesome to find out info ingame.
also community could also take part via books like poetry,jokes,food recipes,old photoalbum.
thanks.got to go sauna.

You're asking for a codex and a player manual right within the game then.  One thing that set this game apart was its commitment to not "hand-holding" the player within the game.  That's what the initial fan base wanted... and game that let the player learn from trial and error rather than stepping them through a "tutorial."  There have been comments I've read here that have suggested that even story mode is too much of a tutorial for the survival aspects of the game.

At any rate, it was be a significant increase in the file size of each run of the game... which, as a console player, I really don't want to see the game wind up becoming almost unplayable on my system due to file bloat (which is already a problem on my system with Fallout 4)/.  Sorry, I can't support it.