Please add a custom loot setting between low (interloper) and medium

Blindsp t

I like the game to be difficult and punishing without being a complete slog. I have reached 100 days interloper and the mode isn’t for me.

Instead please add a loot level that spawns all possible gear like medium does but in scarce quantities like in the low setting. So maybe a snow pants, gun cleaning kit, and bow etc would spawn but there may be less than 1 per region or possibly none if you’re unlucky. It would give a reason to really search for the rare gear without ending up with so much that you get too comfortable.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Blindsp t said:

I like the game to be difficult and punishing without being a complete slog. I have reached 100 days interloper and the mode isn’t for me.

Instead please add a loot level that spawns all possible gear like medium does but in scarce quantities like in the low setting. So maybe a snow pants, gun cleaning kit, and bow etc would spawn but there may be less than 1 per region or possibly none if you’re unlucky. It would give a reason to really search for the rare gear without ending up with so much that you get too comfortable.

Have you tried  doing a custom interloper? 

Edited by Leeanda

3 minutes ago, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

This might sort of work if he takes all the interloper presets in a custom game, then chooses to make the revolver and rifle available.  No chance of getting something really nice like the gauntlets or expedition parka though. 

Got to be worth a try. I know a few people do that but they normally make interloper harder! 

Might try moving up from 'chicken mode' myself after this run with a custom voyager. 🙂.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Might try moving up from 'chicken mode' myself after this run with a custom voyager. 🙂.

My first several interloper runs were complete disasters.  A couple things I've learned:

1.  Time your travel to coincide with the warmest temps - late afternoon / early evening

2.  Cattail stalks are critical.  They're an awesome food.

3.  Walk with a torch and "warming up" effect to blunt the condition damage of extreme cold

4.  It's hard to overstate how much easier your life gets with level 5 cooking and level 5 archery.  Make lots of arrows and lots of teas to boost these skills quickly.

5.  Killing a wolf with the bow is really easy if you're backpedaling when he makes his final charge.  Aim below him, wait until his head is under your targeting point, and let fly.

6.  Whenever possible, do all your cooking at once to save matches.  I sometimes cook 50 kilo of meat all at once, along with 30-40 l of water.  I wait for a sunny spell, use the mag lens, and cook for maybe 16 hours straight.

7.  Don't be afraid to take some condition damage to get what you want.  It's worth it to harvest 20kg of meat, as long as you can recover in safety shortly thereafter.  Be careful, though.  Don't get hypothermia or especially frostbite.

8.  Don't get intestinal parasites.  It's 20 days of torture in interloper.  Don't get moose stomped either.  Both these things are potentially deadly in Interloper.

9.  Coal, coal, coal.  You should always have at least one, but preferably three pieces to help build a really hot fire.

10.  The snow shelter can save your bacon.

There's lots more, of course.  You'll catch on as you die repeatedly like I did. 😬

18 minutes ago, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

My first several interloper runs were complete disasters.  A couple things I've learned:

1.  Time your travel to coincide with the warmest temps - late afternoon / early evening

2.  Cattail stalks are critical.  They're an awesome food.

3.  Walk with a torch and "warming up" effect to blunt the condition damage of extreme cold

4.  It's hard to overstate how much easier your life gets with level 5 cooking and level 5 archery.  Make lots of arrows and lots of teas to boost these skills quickly.

5.  Killing a wolf with the bow is really easy if you're backpedaling when he makes his final charge.  Aim below him, wait until his head is under your targeting point, and let fly.

6.  Whenever possible, do all your cooking at once to save matches.  I sometimes cook 50 kilo of meat all at once, along with 30-40 l of water.  I wait for a sunny spell, use the mag lens, and cook for maybe 16 hours straight.

7.  Don't be afraid to take some condition damage to get what you want.  It's worth it to harvest 20kg of meat, as long as you can recover in safety shortly thereafter.  Be careful, though.  Don't get hypothermia or especially frostbite.

8.  Don't get intestinal parasites.  It's 20 days of torture in interloper.  Don't get moose stomped either.  Both these things are potentially deadly in Interloper.

9.  Coal, coal, coal.  You should always have at least one, but preferably three pieces to help build a really hot fire.

10.  The snow shelter can save your bacon.

There's lots more, of course.  You'll catch on as you die repeatedly like I did. 😬

Lol. Died a lot on story mode so I've got kinda used to dying a lot.🙂 

I already chain torches in most cases, depending on where I am usually. PV just doesn't have torch Friendly weather and BlackRock is even worse.

Cat tails are being used a bit more than I really need them on pilgrim .

And I try to cook and boil water in bulk as much as possible.  

My main problems are the bow , I absolutely suck at it!, 🙂 And I have no patience, I run a lot , I've run straight into a bears rear end before. Glad it was on passive or I would've been lunch. Lol. 

I've never made a snow shelter actually ,it just never springs to mind even if I get caught out in a blizzard.

I might manage to survive on voyager but ..interloper . No chance. 😁 

Thanks for the advice though, it'll come in handy when I upgrade the difficulty.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

They're pretty warm.  A snow shelter and bearskin bedroll should get you through most weather problems.  The problem is they take 45 min to build.

Not much use if you're already freezing in the middle of a blizzard then? 🙂

5 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Not much use if you're already freezing in the middle of a blizzard then? 🙂

Oh no. You've got a very good chance of still being alive at the end of it. What you really don't want is to have your clothing be soaked going into it.

4 minutes ago, stratvox said:

Oh no. You've got a very good chance of still being alive at the end of it. What you really don't want is to have your clothing be soaked going into it.

Not sure how you can do that ?  Isn't there an issue about where you can place them as well?

32 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Not much use if you're already freezing in the middle of a blizzard then?

There are a couple things you can do.  Find a spot out of the wind where you can build and / or build a small fire while you build it.  I tend to use them for non-emergency reasons for the most part.  e.g. a "forward base" for hunting, temporary shelter while harvesting a carcass, or a "waypoint" on long trips.

I have a lot to learn before I up my levels obviously..some of the ytube videos I watch make it look easy for the most part. And they are all interloper or things like deadworld or nogoa. And none of them ever seem to use the shelters? 

Are you safe from predators in them when harvesting ? Does it affect the smell range at all.?

7 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Are you safe from predators in them when harvesting ? Does it affect the smell range at all.?

I am not sure about how it affects smell.  I can tell you, though, that I have been attacked while inside a snow shelter.  The difficulty setting might affect this.

If need be you can harvest five pounds, drop it, warm up in the shelter, harvest another five pounds, drop it, and so on.