Save data is disappearing

panda_gamer87

This has happened several times in the last week alone. I will play survival mode, then when I'm ready to cut the game off, I'll send my character to bed (since sleeping typically triggers a saving screen). Yesterday, I was exploring end of the ravine (area before bleak inlet) and I went into the red watch tower and had my character sleep in the bed. After confirming the saving screen, I turned off the game. However, today, when I loaded my game, the save point had me start in the radio control hut ( which I visited before going to the watch tower). This is a serious issue. 

EDIT: playing on ps4 console

Edited by panda_gamer87
added additional info

7 minutes ago, panda_gamer87 said:

This has happened several times in the last week alone. I will play survival mode, then when I'm ready to cut the game off, I'll send my character to bed (since sleeping typically triggers a saving screen). Yesterday, I was exploring end of the ravine (area before bleak inlet) and I went into the red watch tower and had my character sleep in the bed. After confirming the saving screen, I turned off the game. However, today, when I loaded my game, the save point had me start in the radio control hut ( which I visited before going to the watch tower). This is a serious issue. 

Are you on PC or console? I had that problem on Xbox, failing to save until it stopped altogether. I lost a 700+ day run to it.

1 hour ago, panda_gamer87 said:

PS4. Most of the time, I just lose a few hours of gameplay. However, there was one time when the save data was completed deleted from my console (I believe it was 50 days).

If it's happening on a regular basis I would have thought it was a console issue rather than the game. Unless it's s digital download. All consoles seem to have problems  with digital versions of most games from my experience.

HTL might be able to help.

Edited by Leeanda

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. 

If you subscribe to PS Plus, and have previously uploaded save files to the Cloud, you may be able to restore some or all of your lost progress by downloading a Cloud save file. Details on how to do so can be found here: 
https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/support/subscriptions/ps4-ps-plus-online-storage/

Otherwise, this is something that requires further investigation on our end, and we will post an update if/when one is available. Thank you. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just to add... (and yes i have submitted a bug report for ps4)

My survivor on interloper (755days) crashed on entering blackrock and the save file disappeared.  I was able to resolve the issue with the cloud save... then i tried to enter blackrock again and it went smoothly... until i saved and closed the app 5 game days later...

The next morning the save file was gone again.  It is still in the cloud. The save time and date is identical to the time of my profile save to the cloud and represents a practical time i quit playing.  If i download it, it does show up in the system saved data in the long dark folder... but when i start the game and go to survival/load it is not there... all the other files that exist in the cloud populate in game without issue... even ones from 2018...

On 2/2/2022 at 12:17 PM, flip665 said:

Just to add... (and yes i have submitted a bug report for ps4)

My survivor on interloper (755days) crashed on entering blackrock and the save file disappeared.  I was able to resolve the issue with the cloud save... then i tried to enter blackrock again and it went smoothly... until i saved and closed the app 5 game days later...

The next morning the save file was gone again.  It is still in the cloud. The save time and date is identical to the time of my profile save to the cloud and represents a practical time i quit playing.  If i download it, it does show up in the system saved data in the long dark folder... but when i start the game and go to survival/load it is not there... all the other files that exist in the cloud populate in game without issue... even ones from 2018...

Thank you for the additional information!