Intestinal parasites again!

annikkiq

I'm currently playing first time at stalker difficulty, I have survived for 30 days now in CH. A week ago I killed the bear that was close to my base and when I was picking its raw meat, I accidentaly ate it, althought I canceled it immideatly, still got 75% risk of intestinal parasites. Then I got that affliction like 24 hours later. Well, I did the treatment, took all the doses and was ready to continue my journey (I'm traveling from CH to ravine). And I took some cooked bear meat with me that was like 65%condition, couple hours later when I had no afflictions anymore I ate the meat, and again got 3% risk of intestinal parasites. I was suprised that I got that risk again, but I was like fine, and continued my journey. Well 24 hours later I got the same frikking affliction Intestinal Parasites! Even thought it was just 3% chance! are you kidding me, I'm done with stalker..am I supposed to eat only fish? 😪

10 minutes ago, annikkiq said:

I'm currently playing first time at stalker difficulty, I have survived for 30 days now in CH. A week ago I killed the bear that was close to my base and when I was picking its raw meat, I accidentaly ate it, althought I canceled it immideatly, still got 75% risk of intestinal parasites. Then I got that affliction like 24 hours later. Well, I did the treatment, took all the doses and was ready to continue my journey (I'm traveling from CH to ravine). And I took some cooked bear meat with me that was like 65%condition, couple hours later when I had no afflictions anymore I ate the meat, and again got 3% risk of intestinal parasites. I was suprised that I got that risk again, but I was like fine, and continued my journey. Well 24 hours later I got the same frikking affliction Intestinal Parasites! Even thought it was just 3% chance! are you kidding me, I'm done with stalker..am I supposed to eat only fish? 😪

I never eat bear or wolf. It makes the game too easy in my opinion. I only eat deer, fish, and moose (plus the packaged food). You can survive hundreds of days (if not forever) with just those. It doesn't make the game much harder if any harder. 

Edited by Pencil
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Pencil said:

I never eat bear or wolf. It makes the game too easy in my opinion. I only eat deer, fish, and moose (plus the packaged food). You can survive hundreds of days (if not forever) with just those. It doesn't make the game much harder if any harder. 

Are the bear and wolf the only ones with parasite risks? Or is the moose included too?  

Congrats on the contest win by the way!

5 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Are the bear and wolf the only ones with parasite risks? Or is the moose included too?  

Congrats on the contest win by the way!

Thank you!

Moose does not have parasite risk. Only the animals that eat meat. That's why I always kill a moose when I see it, even if I'm not going to stay in the area to eat it. I'll eat it in a couple months lol. 

4 minutes ago, Pencil said:

Thank you!

Moose does not have parasite risk. Only the animals that eat meat. That's why I always kill a moose when I see it, even if I'm not going to stay in the area to eat it. I'll eat it in a couple months lol. 

Oh ok. Thanks  for the info!  . I kill them to save for later too and because my son wants me to get trampled so kind of a revenge killing!🙂

Intestinal parasites was the devs way of discouraging the consumption of predator meat since deer run away while wolves and bears threaten the character.  Eventually there was cooking skill which at level 5 confers an immunity to intestinal parasite (risk) for any cooked predator meat.  The immunity does not apply for raw predator meat and, because of the way the game runs, there is no "spitting out" of inadvertent bites of raw predator meat. 

That was one reason for the only "do you want to eat that raw meat" warning in the game (through the radial menu) given how easy it was to hit LMB instead of RMB.  The warning does not happen/apply when delving in inventory.  

If one does not have Cooking Level 5 there is no cooked predator meat of any condition that can be consumed without acquiring a risk of intestinal parasites.  Given the % test that is made, even a 1% risk can become the affliction.  Players have had it happen multiple times in a row. 

It is up to the player to decide what is an acceptable risk. Getting to Cooking Level 5 tends to be something many strive to achieve because it basically eliminates the food poisoning and intestinal parasite risk for cooked meat. 

Good luck.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UTC-10 said:

Intestinal parasites was the devs way of discouraging the consumption of predator meat since deer run away while wolves and bears threaten the character.  Eventually there was cooking skill which at level 5 confers an immunity to intestinal parasite (risk) for any cooked predator meat.  The immunity does not apply for raw predator meat and, because of the way the game runs, there is no "spitting out" of inadvertent bites of raw predator meat. 

That was one reason for the only "do you want to eat that raw meat" warning in the game (through the radial menu) given how easy it was to hit LMB instead of RMB.  The warning does not happen/apply when delving in inventory.  

If one does not have Cooking Level 5 there is no cooked predator meat of any condition that can be consumed without acquiring a risk of intestinal parasites.  Given the % test that is made, even a 1% risk can become the affliction.  Players have had it happen multiple times in a row. 

It is up to the player to decide what is an acceptable risk. Getting to Cooking Level 5 tends to be something many strive to achieve because it basically eliminates the food poisoning and intestinal parasite risk for cooked meat. 

Good luck.

Thank you for your answer, it was really informative 👍

20 hours ago, UTC-10 said:

Worth mentioning: Pilgrim and Voyageur difficulty modes don't have Intestinal Parasites risk. At least, that's what I inferred when creating Custom sandboxes with 'Pilgrim' or 'Voyageur' baseline settings.

• Like 1