Another Strange Deer Carcass Glitch (??)

twyn1

Had a small game update this afternoon -- Just after that I shot and wounded a deer on the road in between the Community Center & the Rural Store (at Thomson's Crossing/PV).

I hid behind the center for a few minutes after the deer bolted and then started to track it, but lost the trail. Waited for a bit (did not go inside any buildings) and then heard crows over in the field between the Crossing houses and the Barn/Outbuildings. Went to that spot and the deer was there (not a ravaged deer with ribs showing), but it was 100% frozen already ... built a fire and waited and then tried to harvest/quarter the deer, but there was absolutely nothing to harvest but a single gut.

There were a couple of wolves in that area, but they were not on the carcass when I found it.

I did later down another deer near the Farmhouse, and this one was fine to harvest ... so maybe just a weird one-off glitch due to the update??

-- Playing on X-Box --

Edited by twyn1
Added Game System info

Hey,

it might be that the first deer was hunted down by wolves. They eat them and you usually then find a carcass that hasn't anything to loot from... one single gut is bit weird though, but nothing to worry about. And since you find the deer you shot with all the meat and stuff i really believe that the first deer was a coincidental victim to the wolves in that area ;)

Might be something scared the wolf off early. I've often allowed a wolf kill a deer and then killed the wolf when it's eating and not too aware for a two with one, and depending on how much nom the wolf had time for, the less stuff on the deer carcass. Or then again, might be imagining.

I've seen/done the same, but generally when a wolf has been at a deer that just "fell" a few real-time minutes before, you are still able to get some meat and the hide and guts and the carcass is not 100% frozen so quickly.

So yeah ... I am thinking this may have been a previous wolf kill and the deer that I got wandered off into some inaccessible area (I did look all over for it afterwards, but nothing to be found).