Crafting Noisemakers

hozz1235

Needed:  1 cloth, 1 recycled can and .22lbs gunpowder. 

To make a single rifle/revolver cartridge, it take .02lbs gunpowder.  Hmm..make a single noisemaker or 11 rounds of ammo?  I guess if you have an abundance of gunpowder you could make them, but seeing as how it's a finite resource, I'll stick with making cartridges.

• Upvote 1

Guest jeffpeng

Since the game internally calculates metric, not imperial, it's 1 noisemaker or 10 bullets, actually.

But that's not really the point of the noisemaker, imho. The point of noisemakers is that they are a convenient and reliable "get out of wolf pack free card". I know you can do that with normal flares now, and to some extend even with torches (although you need to be really careful). But the noisemaker just gets rid of the pack without you having to land 5 shots, which you probably won't, so it's probably more like 7 to 10 bullets spent. But yeah, sure, you get no resources for using the noisemaker, while with killing, let's say, 3 out of 5 twolves and being able to recover them you have food for a few days.

Still, personally I think they are a good addition if you are in bad shape and can't make a run for it with a flare, or if you don't have a rifle/revolver on you (bows are really not great at fighting twolves) but need to get rid of a pack. They are just not very resource efficient.

Also: I guess it's a different story on Interloper. There you have hardly any other use for gunpowder. I haven't tested it yet on loper, but this should actually make BLR and BI playable regions.

Edited by jeffpeng

After the first noisemaker I used exploded in my hand, a long time ago, I avoided using them.  I had a second try yesterday, just to work out how to use them correctly.  I managed to throw it, but it was just a test and not used in a wolf attack.  The next time a pack of five Timberwolves attack me I might try again.