Episode 4 - Donner - another bug?

past caring

This one is weird.

I'm trying to escape the prison. I've managed to get to the area with the workbench, fire barrel and tool cabinet and want to make the dash around the corner to get to the main exit by the guard room and storage bin (now realise that it's probably intended that I take the exit down to the steam rooms, but that's by-the-by). First two attempts I get popped. On the third attempt I get popped again - but on the reload of the same autosave, I'm now teleported to just outside the main prison entrance (the one with the fire barrel where you get your inventory confiscated in previous missions). Now I cannot interact with anything - not the storage bin, the door, my own inventory or even the game menu. In fact, I'm either going to have to die of frostbite or ALT-TAB out of the game........

ETA - by unable to interact, I mean that the interact icons appear but they don't do anything. Also the prisoners have disappeared from the watchtowers and I appear immune to frostbite. 😁

Edited by past caring
More info

On 11/30/2021 at 1:15 AM, past caring said:

This one is weird.

I'm trying to escape the prison. I've managed to get to the area with the workbench, fire barrel and tool cabinet and want to make the dash around the corner to get to the main exit by the guard room and storage bin (now realise that it's probably intended that I take the exit down to the steam rooms, but that's by-the-by). First two attempts I get popped. On the third attempt I get popped again - but on the reload of the same autosave, I'm now teleported to just outside the main prison entrance (the one with the fire barrel where you get your inventory confiscated in previous missions). Now I cannot interact with anything - not the storage bin, the door, my own inventory or even the game menu. In fact, I'm either going to have to die of frostbite or ALT-TAB out of the game........

ETA - by unable to interact, I mean that the interact icons appear but they don't do anything. Also the prisoners have disappeared from the watchtowers and I appear immune to frostbite. 😁

Can you please try reloading from an earlier save? If that doesn't get things back on track, we would suggest filing a bug report for further investigation: https://hinterlandgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us