Eerie Music

This is the strangest thing - I was just playing day 184 of a survival run, innocently skinning a rabbit carcass inside the Trapper's Homestead, when the strangest music started playing.  Only for maybe 30 seconds then it stopped.  The weird thing is, I've never heard it before.  Or at least I don't think I have.  Is there some bizarre set of conditions that triggers certain music tracks?

I wish I could describe it - it was spooky.  After hundreds and hundreds of hours of playing I thought I'd heard all of the music.

56 minutes ago, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

Nor have I.  No idea what made it start up, because I wasn't doing anything unusual.

Its certainly creepy. I was wondering around in the woods in the dark when it came on!Scared the wotsits out of me!😁

Edited by Leeanda

There are some superb bits of music in TLD.  The cello music in Episode 1 was great and bits in more recent episodes sound just like the stuff that Shostakovich wrote in his 12th Symphony to create an atmosphere of a cold, bleak environment.

I recently gave up playing Far Cry, New Eden because the music was so awful and couldn't be turned off.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, peteloud said:

There are some superb bits of music in TLD.  The cello music in Episode 1 was great and bits in more recent episodes sound just like the stuff that Shostakovich wrote in his 12th Symphony to create an atmosphere of a cold, bleak environment.

I recently gave up playing Far Cry, New Eden because the music was so awful and couldn't be turned off.

just checked  out the 12th after reading this, and you definitely have a point (heard a bit about 13min in that reminds me of the AC theme).

Interestingly, the third movement is called 'Aurora'!