found this on Youtube

DiscoJonny

Now that's a prepper's cache!  
just once in the game, I'd like to come across an Easter Egg like this!  It would be so novel to uncover a fully stocked bunker that hadn't ever been explore or looted.  I can see it now, cut scene where there is a minor quake on the island and following that there's an avalanche which just happens to uncover a mysterious forgotten hatch!  

Nice find!  Thanks for sharing!

Edited by RandomPlayer
spelling
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Hawk said:

Granted that video is of a modded game but I wonder if there will be a preppers cache in the Blackrock region in Survival mode when it's released?

That would make it the third region with prepper caches, for everyone but Interloper (and harder difficulty levels) players.

Got to give credit to whoever made the food mod though, those was some pretty lore realistic looking items.   Gotta love the SPAM, isn't that pretty much what you'd expect to find if you found some old cold war era nuclear bomb shelter?  SPAM probably has a shelf life of 200 years!  lol

I doubt they will be leaving the hatch in though.  just based on where it was, location wise it doesn't seem to serve any other purpose except for being a side quest destination for the story line.  Although it might make sense to just leave it there considering it's pretty much in the middle of no where.  Even in the lower difficulty settings, the loot you find in a prepper's cache isn't gonna dramatically alter a player's survival potential, right?
Interloper players, probably wouldn't care if it's there or not.    I guess we will see come December.

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...