Can't See! - Spoilers!

hoppyfrog324

Spoilers

So I got to the mine. It's dark in there, nbd, I have about 50 tons of lamp oil. Except I light my lantern and everything fuzzes out and gets too hazy to see. Flares work, matches work (frustratingly), it's just my lantern. I had to stop playing tonight because it was just unplayable. All the videos I see, there's that distortion when you get to lower levels or whatever, but lighting the lantern is clear. On my screen it looks like there's just a thick fog and I can't even see the floor or anything around me. I couldn't get to the elevator with it. How are other people getting it clearer?

Just keep running. There is no time to look at anything anyways. If you stop and try to figure things out you'll die. It's foggy, but it's clear enough that can see where the tunnel goes. Eventually you get a pocket of fresh air.

You can also use flares for those sections and keep the lantern for the clear areas

Edited by Serenity

6 hours ago, hoppyfrog324 said:

Except I light my lantern and everything fuzzes out and gets too hazy to see. Flares work, matches work (frustratingly), it's just my lantern.

That makes sense.  The lamp needs oxygen to burn so will go out in low oxygen, suffocating, atmosphere. Flares and matches have an oxidant in the chemicals so they continue to burn.