multiplayer

znas98

First of all a big thank to all the developers !

The idea of having multiplayer always interested me for along time. I see that it could create a new concept and a big challenge for the players by putting 2 or 3 players at max on the game. Then it depends on how the players want to play, sticking together or each player is put in a different region. Also no communication between them while playing ( maybe allow them to write on papper or stick and stones or spray). Just private rooms because stangers can ruin it for you if you playing with a friend. I would love to see this happening one day.

When it comes to food I think the team should add something new, or even better to allow to the player to mix at least 2 things and cook them (ex: tomato sauce and meat). 

That's all ! thanks.

PS: this is the first post.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

There is a mechanic issue (speed up times) with multiplayer. Apologies if I do not explain this well.

if more than one person is playing in the same game then there becomes a potentially big problem with cooking, harvesting, crafting and sleeping times. Both players would be subject to either persons choice of how much one chooses to harvest or how long one chooses to sleep or craft a given item. 

If player 1 chooses to craft two hrs on a bow for example, how does the time lapse work for player 2? Minecraft solved that problem by making only one time lapse activity (sleeping) where both players have to confirm the option. But in TLD there are multiple time lapse activities and time passes at a different rate when spending two hrs crafting vs two hours walking around. 

However, I too would like a multiplayer option but I do not see how it would be possible with the current time mechanics. Perhaps unless they were to cut out all time lapse variation rates so that the time speed for a player crafting would move at the same rate as when the other player is moving/exploring but that would effectively make it so that the player crafting/sleeping/harvesting would be more or less idle while the other player is in motion.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Give up with the idea of a multi-player TLD.    It has been suggested many times and there have been no developments in that direction.  It would need such fundamental changes that it would be a new game.  It would not make sense for HTL to divert their TLD resources into such a development.

Personally I do not want a multi-player game.  Many years ago I tried a couple of public multi-player games and did not enjoy the experience.  Instead of a big multi-player game, a private game in which two players could work together might be interesting, but that would still have to be a completely new game.

The essence of TLD is a lonely struggle againt nature.  I find this an ideal approach in this survival situation.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, peteloud said:

The essence of TLD is a lonely struggle againt nature. 

Until you begin wintermute..

I do agree that multiplayer will not happen. Well, it could be done if player agrees to wait 4 hours and just stare at the loading circle while his pants are being made😂👍

• Like 1