Crafted Weight vs Ingredient Weight?

straffin

Has anyone done a survey of the weight of crafted items versus the weight of the items used to make them? Not looking to be critical of in-game versus real-world values, but I know it makes more sense to carry around Prepared Rose Hips (0.05kg) than it does the 24 Rose Hips (0.24kg) it takes to make them, and carrying Rose Hip Tea (0.10kg, versus the PRH's 0.05kg and the 0.25kg of water it takes to make it) makes the most sense of all **BUT** it makes more sense to carry around 3 Lichens (at 0.03kg) than it does the Wound Dressing they make (at 0.10kg). Is there a list of all the stuff you can make versus what it's made from to help with weight management planning? 

• Upvote 1

I believe there was a time that the Old Man's Beard dressings required a bandage to craft and they would treat both the infection and the bleeding at the same time.  Then , I believe, they made a change that prevented items from treating more than one ailment at a time, so the Old Man's Beard dressings now only treat infection and you require a separate bandage to stop the bleeding.  To compensate, they took out the requirement for a bandage to be used to make the dressing... but, I believe, they did not adjust the weight of the dressing.  Since antiseptic weighs 0.7 kg for 5 doses (0.14 kg/dose), perhaps they felt that the wound dressing would be too OP if they made it lighter than 0.10 kg per dose... don't know.  I do feel it should be lighter or at least equivalent to the lichens that now go into it. 

The weights of everything in the game are listed in the Wiki, so it's possible for you to make your own lists for whatever concerns you personally.

Edited by UpUpAway95
  • Upvote 1

Some of the material weights are a little wonky vs what they should weigh, so I guess if traveling somewhere far away and it is mission critical to be as efficient as possible, it makes sense to check weight, but when hopping around and about, I just grab whatever is in stock without paying much attention.

Latter becomes a bit problematic when there's a rope climb and there's 120lbs of useless junk, half of which I never even needed🙄😁👍down is no problem, I goot hop, but up sometimes takes two trips. Gnight and thank you!:)))

• Like 1