Slight change to "Sprained Ankle" injury

Hotklou2404

When both ankles are sprained, it should disable sprinting as usual. But when only one ankle is sprained, it should perhaps do this instead:
- Sprinting speed reduced by 50%.
- Increased risk of spraining your other ankle while sprinting.
- Increased risk of getting the "Pain" injury.

Why? IRL, if your life is in danger and you still have one good ankle, then you would still force youself to move faster to try and get to safety. This is why sprinting is not disabled completely. BUT because you are supporting most of your weight on your remaining good ankle and because you are not accustomed to moving around that fast with only one good ankle, you will not be able to sprint as fast as usual and you will have increased risk of getting injured if you try to move around too fast.

This simple change would still allow you to move faster than usual if you got only one sprained ankle. But the increased risk to get injured even more would still make it too risky to sprint too much, unless you have absolutely no other choice.

• Upvote 2

Yes for it, but i would suggest a reduction to 40% or even 30% instead. The sprint, as i see, represents the maximum effort when running, and takes advantage on the synergy between both legs (1+1>2). If one is disabled, the synergy is gone.

I don't know if i'm clear enough.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Old Hermit said:

Yes for it, but i would suggest a reduction to 40% or even 30% instead. The sprint, as i see, represents the maximum effort when running, and takes advantage on the synergy between both legs (1+1>2). If one is disabled, the synergy is gone.

I don't know if i'm clear enough.

Ah. Yes that would be fine as well.