Lost all data

Bethrezen

Good day! I would like to ask this question, played 350 hours of the game, liked everything very much, received all the seasonal badges, unlocked all the feats. Then I had to install a new ssd disk with the system, since the old one stopped working. And now, when you enter the game, everything is lost .. is there any way to restore it somehow? Account link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198076405298/

On 3/15/2021 at 2:32 AM, Bethrezen said:

Good day! I would like to ask this question, played 350 hours of the game, liked everything very much, received all the seasonal badges, unlocked all the feats. Then I had to install a new ssd disk with the system, since the old one stopped working. And now, when you enter the game, everything is lost .. is there any way to restore it somehow? Account link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198076405298/

I would contact Support.  You have no way to retrieve files from your old SSD?

If you didn't have Steam sync enabled and cannot access the Users directory on your old ssd you are out of luck I believe sir.
For future reference you can manually back up the game save files or create a .bat file to do this for you. The location of the game saves is:
C:\Users\your windows account name\AppData\Local\Hinterland\TheLongDark

This assumes that windows is installed on your C drive, change the letter as need be.

Edited by xAnAngelOfDeathx
  • Upvote 1

On 3/20/2021 at 6:04 PM, xAnAngelOfDeathx said:

For future reference you can manually back up the game save files or create a .bat file to do this for you. The location of the game saves is:
C:\Users\your windows account name\AppData\Local\Hinterland\TheLongDark

This is what I do and create a hotkey shortcut to the bat file.