Wolf attack through Radio Tower shack

Lux

He aggro'd the wolf just a bit earlier on his way up to the tower but stopped him with a flare on the ground. Wolf didn't run away though. Wolf just stopped by the flare. Then he continued up on to the top of the mountain with the Radio Tower.

Shortly after entering the shack...bAm! lol!

It happened to me twice at radio building.

1. Wolf followed me, i entered the building and closed the door, half of the wolf body run thru the buildings wall, and made a dying noise, when i walked outside dead wolf wasnt there.... of course i was not attacked. Stalker mode. It was probably on 1.96v but not sure.

2. 2.00v, stalker. Wolf followed, i run into radio building, closed the door. few seconds after the wolf ran thru the door and attacked me. This must be fixed. p.s. Another bug regarding this exact case, this wolf followed me from the hilltop cave, in that area always 2 wolves spawned. When i successfully defended myself in the radio building, spent a night, next day both wolves were gone, so i guess once 1 died, another one disappeared as well... it is a known bug. This must be fixed with the next update... since its a major wolf depopulation bug. It also do not re-spawn. Im into 510 days PV only, and now i barely have wolfs and deers in my whole PV map. I literally have to travel to the edges of the map to find the last wildlife of the whole map. After its all gone (which will be soon), i will have to live of the rabbits. I do not really mind the extra difficulty, but its major bugs.

made a small map, basically there is not much wildlife left.

Map.jpg

The wildlife depopulation has been addressed and fixed for next update. The Wolf attacking through the wall, I still need to reproduce, but my guess its a navmesh issue where the wolf is just ignoring the wall (it is rather thin after all)

Jeremy

Thats great news :) Also make sure killing one wolf does not get rid of the rest of the pack... well unless its hinterlands intended plan... then it would be nice to hear explanation/reasoning behind this :)

That was part of the fix to. Basically Wolves were disappearing when you killed one of the pack and then never returning. Now that shouldn't Happen.

Jeremy

Great :) Will this be a part of a hot fix/quick update (in upcoming week or so), or only will be included with new major update with a new map (a month or so)?

The guy in the video, "WeaselZone" on youtube, is not me. I was just watching his video of the new patch and reported the issue.

Thanks, Jeremy, for the answers. I figured it was just a clip model/building mesh that needed addressed but just wanted you guys to be aware of it.

Thanks.

Archived